Steering Wheel threads/spindles on Toyotas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you ever get the Tacoma wheel hooked up/working? Interested in some wheel controls.

Not yet. I have everything but I am waiting on finishing up some other projects before I get to it. My oil pan is out right now so that takes precedence unfortunately.

Not yet. I have everything but I am waiting on finishing up some other projects before I get to it. My oil pan is out right now so that takes precedence unfortunately.

Gotcha. Did you happen to ever come across any writeups by any chance? I’ve been searching, can’t find anything.

No I never found anyone who did this. Not an easy job though so I can understand. I got a guy who does radios and tinting. I plan on installing the wheel and letting him hook it up to my new touch screen, install a remote door lock and tint the windows like a 95-97 US model 80 series all at the same time. No way I am getting involved in doing that myself. The wheels are tricky in some ways too. They are not all the same. To get the options I wanted on the wheel, I had to cannibalize two wheels and get the buttons I wanted. But that meant that the harness that goes to the radio would no longer work so it is going to have to be custom made. That is the only part that scares me. I have no idea how that will work, especially with the clock wire on the wheel. As soon as I get over the shock of paying for my bottom end bearing replacement and all the replaceables on the engine, I will tackle the wheel and stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom