Steering Knuckle Alignment Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is a good link in the FAQ that discusses the differences between the years and sizes of those.
Thanks for reminding me about the FAQ. That makes total sense. The FAQ is super useful when you remember to reference it.

They sent me a kit for later model LC. I ordered 101b, they sent 101c…then told me the “c” kit would work. Hopefully, they make it right. The kits aren’t cheap.

44E5F103-C1F9-42AC-9120-412746E09C60.jpeg

if the shims are in decent shape when dis assembled, I've never had an issue with re-using them as long as they weren't "messed" up taking them apart.

I also have a bin with shims I've never used thru the years, just in case.

All same size, just different thicknesses. Are 80-90 knuckle stud patterns larger?
View attachment 3275445

Yes, early vs. late model shims.

91C62A74-8EEA-4BCA-B918-16660FAC27EB.jpeg

if the shims are in decent shape when dis assembled, I've never had an issue with re-using them as long as they weren't "messed" up taking them apart.

I also have a bin with shims I've never used thru the years, just in case.
I plan on reusing, but measurements show I need a .2mm (I don’t have) with the existing .5mm for the bottom thickness.

Related but unrelated. I misplaced a metal, split wiper…I can only find 1. Anyone have 1 or 2 they can let go of? ‘78 front axle. They were not part of the rebuild kit.
0BAE9BBA-1CA6-4764-BC90-DEC260191DFC.jpeg
BE8963D5-E359-476D-A388-FF1539704AE4.jpeg

We offer them loose (and they are part of our full Japanese kits) @ Cruiser Outfitters. Info@cruiseroutfitters.com to get a loose split ring.

I usually order the shims I need from Toyota I don’t like the shims that come in the rebuild kits the Toyota shims are beautiful,,
and you can order the thickness you really need.
Noted. I'll see what my local dealership can come up with. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom