Steelies on GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's what I get with my 285/70s and 33x10.5R17s
I’ve been contemplating getting a larger size tire but didn’t want to take a hit on MPG’s. 285/70’s are a lot easier to find on marketplace from the Jeep guys going bigger than stock tires - so I might do it if I can find a good deal

I did a 5hr road trip thru west Texas last month (super flat roads lol) and was getting 17.5 mpg, with the added weight of front bumper/winch, sliders, tire carrier and drawer setup. Daily driving to work and picking up kiddos I get 14 mpg

That's pretty solid. What load rating are the tires?

That's pretty solid. What load rating are the tires?
They’re C rated, which in a comparable size like 285/70-17 (32.8) are 13lbs heavier per wheel in a E rated tire

38676691-D96E-4BB1-B118-126A25111CEB.png

I think my tires could appreciate a slightly wider wheel. 🤣

20230528_123539.jpg

Did you take off the 255/80’s?
Yea, they cupped horribly. Probably my over aggressive driving. So far the REVO 3s are a way better match and even with an LT load range are almost as good as the All seasons on it when I bought it.

Still able to wheel everywhere else I was wheeling as I never really used the MT/Rs to their full potential.

I went with 285/70s and I am glad that I did.

Did you take off the 255/80’s?
They look sweet to me!
I can get you the contact info I’m warning you it’s expensive lol!
I probably could’ve bought a set of Volks for the cost but I prefer the look.
I’m from down there my brother is a fly fishing guide on Laguna.
I think the 285/75/17 tire size is A nice balance for a DD.
The Revo’s a great.

Yea, they cupped horribly. Probably my over aggressive driving. So far the REVO 3s are a way better match and even with an LT load range are almost as good as the All seasons on it when I bought it.

Still able to wheel everywhere else I was wheeling as I never really used the MT/Rs to their full potential.

I went with 285/70s and I am glad that I did.
I’ve been contemplating 285’s, wish I would have went with those last fall

They look sweet to me!
The Revo’s a great.

They look sweet to me!
The Revo’s a great.
That’s crazy! Imma look into it at a couple shops here, any issue with balancing them?

I’ve been contemplating 285’s, wish I would have went with those last fall
They were all but hopeless in crazy mud, in every other situation, so far, they have been fine. NVH is almost non-existant. Good ride quality at 42 psi in front and 37 in back. Only get very light rubbing on trail.

Since I haven’t seen many around, I thought it might help to post some pics with my GX460 on 17” FJ Cruiser steelies. Love them.

View attachment 2717161

View attachment 2717162Nice! Do you have any lift? I have a '13 GX460 I just bought in the same color as yours. I want to put some A/T tires and possibly some steelies on my stock suspension to get started. What tire size are you running? Let me know! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom