GX460 Production Year Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking of buying a GX and wanted to get thoughts on what production years the forum thinks Toyota delivered the best mix of reliability and performance in the GX460?

I know this is a subjective question, but it always seems that some years get close to perfection and others are impacted by design changes or powertrain changes help or hurt.

Performance is exactly the same across the entire platform, from 2010 through 2023. The drive train, HP and torque never changed.
Most all the changes were cosmetic except with the 2022(?) model where the completely redid the center console and added some driving features like 360° camera.
If you go here: GX 460 Manuals (this a sticky post on the GX460 main forum page.
This will have every change per year throughout the GX460 series, from interior and exterior colors to trim levels and what was available.
The reliability of the GX460 is pretty much the same regardless of year. The primary determining factor when purchasing will be mileage and service history.
Find something that has <10,000/year, regardless of year and complete service history.

^ What r2m said. Personally I went with a 2010 because of the standard powered 3rd row and better approach angle than the 2014+ models.

Service history and current condition are king and not so much mileage. These engines can last forever if maintained even at the basic level.

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom