steel rims from mini (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will steel rims from an '81 4x mini truck fit the fj40? The reason I ask is because a friend has a set that he took off of his '81 mini way back in 1984 to put on some "cool" spoke rims. I just retreived them from his parent's garage last weekend and they still had the original japanese Dunlops on them. I know, I can just put them on and see, but I just didn't have the time, maybe this weekend.
Thanks.

Yes they use the 6 bolt same as the 40

On the drivers front your tie rod end will rub on the wheel. I installed a set of these to have my Cruiser towed. When it got home the drivers side tie rod end was severly worn, as was the wheel. I threw the wheel and tie rod end away. YMMV

On the drivers front your tie rod end will rub on the wheel. I installed a set of these to have my Cruiser towed. When it got home the drivers side tie rod end was severly worn, as was the wheel. I threw the wheel and tie rod end away. YMMV

Is that because of the backspacing being defferent? Do you think if I put some spacers in that it will solve the problem?
I am trying to go with the tall and skinny look and these rims are the right price(free).
Thanks, Coolerman.

Cruiser and Mini wheels are exactly the same in 81.

The wheels that coolerman tried to use looked similar but were for an IFS minitruck. They have the wrong backspacing for a solid axle truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom