Stealth build price point (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$15-16,000 is a very good deal. If that was my budget, I would seriously be looking at it.

He will be lucky to get 30-40% of his investment back, spending money on cars and expecting to get it back is unrealistic, I have lost lots of money over the years doing just that :hillbilly:. But I don't drink, gamble or do drugs, I foolishly spend money on projects then get bored with them when I am finished and sell them. Its my therapy :)

I agree with some of the folks here, start at $20,000, go down if he has to.

LOL. Unfortunately this is the feedback he wanted before he lists it. and I totally forgot about BAT as an option. I said the same thing when i read the list but he said these prices were what was quoted for the jobs from "reputable" dealers and specialty cruiser shops. I just don't understand how an extra $10-12k is outrageous for $25k in top quality, desirable parts that are already installed. These trucks sell for $6-8K w/out lockers and zero maintenance.
Don't misunderstand my earlier post. There's nothing outrageous about $10-12k being part of the price for $25k+ of quality upgrades/parts. I'm not trying to circle back to the cost list but there were several that stood out as kinda nutty and even redundant. For example, $1200 for full OME suspension then followed up with another $2000 for suspension bushings and shocks/swaybars. Wasn't some of that (i.e. shocks) part of the $1200 for the OME kit? That's the kind of thing that caught my eye.
Anyway, I see you've removed to prices from the list which is a good move I think, otherwise there would be more and more people getting hung up on that kind of stuff rather that the substance of what the truck actually is.

It's a good looking truck and should be able to fetch a decent price. The 80 market is on the rise lately and there are more people willing to spend a bit more for some well equipped and in good condition that they can just get out and use immediately. It's just too bad the paint is not better. If the paint was in good shape I think it could get much closer to the high end of the estimates others have mentioned. Besides, it is the best color on the 80s as well. I might be biased, but it's still a fact. :)

That looks like. 10-12K cruiser to me. It's strange that someone in nuclear science cleans it up and claim and now go anywhere, but can't figure out he wouldn't get his money back in parts and labour on a used vehicle.

Buy any new domestic and drive it off the lot and the same thing happens.

Best of luck with the sale though, it looks clean and maybe someone is looking for that exact thing

The market for these trucks (at least in my Southern California region) has exploded in the last 3 years...I think this is evident based on eBay prices as well. You can always check and see what the sold prices of trucks are on eBay. This could at least give you some sort of comparable data.

One the pitfalls with classified ads is that people can ask whatever they want. Once it sells we typically do not have any confirmation of what it sold for. You can at least get a barometer with eBay.

My suggestion is to list it everywhere you can. The truck is worth what someone is willing to pay. I am amazed at some of the stories I hear about what people pay and/or sell their 80's for.

And to anyone that bought their truck pre 2015/16 your sales price doesn't count as an indicator! Haha. You bought at a great time! This is a seller's market! With the exception of an anomaly seller that doesn't know or doesn't care about the maximum possible sale price...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom