State of PHH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got around to doing a lot of items over the past couple of weekends. One of them was the fuel filter (ugh!). Tomorrow I'm doing the PHH. I was curious if mine looked on the brink of failure. It looks like it has been leaking. Also, should I do the heater valve and hoses? I want to keep rear heat, so don't want to bypass anything at this point.
20200705_192338.jpg
20200705_181544.jpg

Yes and Yes. That certainly looks to be an original diverter valve and PHH. I would plan on doing all of the heater hoses, diverter valve replacement as well as the throttle body hoses. One of the throttle body hoses is under the intake manifold between the fuel filter and PHH. I recommend an OEM diverter valve, OEM hoses on the molded ones, Gates green stripe for the straight hoses, constant tension clamps and it would be a good time to install a new OEM thermostat.

Thanks. I replaced the thermostat when I did the radiator, fan clutch and water pump about 15,000 miles ago. Now it's time to do that other stuff. Thanks for the list!

If you already did the fuel filter, the PHH ain't all that bad.

If you already did the fuel filter, the PHH ain't all that bad.
Thanks. I was thankful I had a dental mirror and the perfect combination of adapters/extensions to get the inside mounting bolt back in. That was frustrating.

PHH for sure. They tend to rot from the inside out anyway, sometimes not showing any signs externally. I don't use silicone for the PHH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom