Starter motor contacts done - writeup (1 Viewer)

tucker74

cruiserdan said:
That's the wrong dealer code on those pick tags.......:D
Hey - if anyone's looking to do this I've got all the parts for the 2.2kW starter ... and have a 2kW in my current truck :frown: Let me know if you're interested and I'll make you a deal (they even have the right dealer code ;) ).

Tucker

cruiserdan said:
That's the wrong dealer code on those pick tags.......:D

Great photos to show the contact wear. The ridge is what causes them to hang up and "weld".
Yeah I know! BUT, the contacts freaked yesterday and the local dealer (25% TLCA discount) said I'd have them this morning (which I did), so I that's the path I took.

george.

richj11

SILVER Star

And yet another timely IH8MUD post.....

My starter parts just came in from C DAN! Looks like a weekend project!

Thanks George!

MaddBaggins

Remember the KnightRider!

Muchas Gracias George!!!!
I've been thinking this is a job I need to do soon, seeing as how I've got 127k on the ticker and no idea how the starter looks inside.

I started this job last weekend but was quickly stopped in my tracks after not being able to get the top bolt out with hand tools. I'll get an impact on it this weekend.

Nice write up George.
Mine looked the same as yours.
I had 166k when it started the intermitten starting.
How many K did your go out at?

e9999

You want to do what...?

nice writeup
and didn't somebody say that replacement of the PHH is much easier with the starter out? food for thought..

fzj80kidpen said:
Nice write up George.
Mine looked the same as yours.
I had 166k when it started the intermitten starting.
How many K did your go out at?
About 55k on the contacts - a LOT of those a local miles (wife's mall cruiser most of the time) so lots of start/stops which all add to the # of solenoid actuations.

I've added 3 pictures from the FSM to the writeup. I'll have to scan them properly when I have time, but the pics are pretty decent.

george.

Beowulf said:
George,
This might save you some time scanning. These are from the electronic copy downloaded from the TIS web site. Right click and "Save Link As ..." then copy them to your web site.

http://hdcruisers.angeltowns.net/Files/ST_02Starting_Starter_Components.pdf

http://hdcruisers.angeltowns.net/Files/ST_06Starting_Starter_Replacement.pdf

-B-
Thanks - but I think the scanned copies will be better quality for the pictures portions. The pics I took with the digicam are already better in some ways than the PDF.

The text in the PDF's is great, but it looks like they scanned the picture sections at a low resolution.

cheers,
george.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom