Stand for an axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Scott68FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.myblueheaven.com
I need some ideas on what to use as a stand to hold a front axle from an FJ40. I have one in my garage that I want to start a rebuild on, but I would really like to find some sort of stand to mount it up to so I could roll it around the garage. Someone has to have something that works that can shoot me a picture or two.

axle rig

Here's mine. The axles are bolted to the cart to be safe.

Thanks jb
axle rig.jpg

I have a really bitchen set up I use for axles, will post up some pics this weekend, adjusts for different widths and mounting types, all out of some 1 1/2 square tube and Harbor Freight wheels.

I have a really bitchen set up I use for axles, will post up some pics this weekend, adjusts for different widths and mounting types, all out of some 1 1/2 square tube and Harbor Freight wheels.

I look forward to seeing it.

If Im working on a axle I use 4 C clamps or a set of used U bolts to hold the axle to the stand. works easy for breaking down or building up a axle. The T- tops are removable for a set of Y tips, never used them though.
IMG_1125.jpg
IMG_1124.jpg
IMG_1123.jpg

your cart is great, and would be 100x better if you replaced the top pieces of square with flat stock, cut a V for the axle to sit in and weld on tabs to use an axle u-bolt to lock it in place.

Hi All:

FWIW, I recently finished stripping-down a BJ60 front axle, and just used a pair of jack stands and a couple pieces of scrap 4X4 inch lumber to support the axle assembly.

Regards,

Alan

I was inspired by kiwidog's axle stand, and since I am trying to rebuild my axle's this is what I built one evening.
IMG_2117.jpg

I really like all the ideas. Still haven't decided which path I am going to go, and my carpentry skills leave A LOT to be desired, but I will come up with something soon as I am getting close to wanting to start on the front axle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom