Stainless steel battery tray, who makes it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
SILVER Star
Threads
I know when I've searched, "FJ40" on ebay I've seen S.S. battery trays that someone was selling for an FJ40. It was kinda a knock off of the original and was pretty stout I think? Sold for around $50 or $60 bucks?

I see really cheap ones on ebay, but I wanted to find the one I had seen before.

Anyone familiar with this?

Thanks, Matt

Right here.:D

same guy sells 'em on ebay once in awhile, Got one for my 55, really nice, dual setups, too.

nial

edit: MAN you're quick...

surfpig said:
Right here.:D

same guy sells 'em on ebay once in awhile, Got one for my 55, really nice, dual setups, too.

nial

edit: MAN you're quick...

This is the same guy I got mine from.... Nice tray and it comes with all the stainless bolts and hold down.

Kevin

Does anybody know if he's still making them?

His website has an email addy and maybe a phone number...

I remember hearing that his machine that he uses to make them broke or something and he wasn't doing it anymore. Which is too bad, extremely good quality.

:frown:

Yes that is him, I bought several years a ago and it still looks good. They are well made. About the only thing I did not like was that the tray is a little longer than the oem one.

I just sent him an email asking if he plans on making again or if he would consider a group buy or something to that effect? i know I would like to buy 2 of them. Will post what he replys with.

Rob

think he went out of business about a year ago; wish I had bought one then; still looking for on for our fj60...count me in;

Lou

I guess I got the last one he had, and that was about 5 months ago. It was a 'blem', however I haven't been able to discern anything wrong with it at all. Very nicely made, though a little longer than oem and definitely longer than the Optima battery I have put in the tray.

Last edited:
I'm interested in a regular FJ40 tray.

I'm also desperate for a Celica replacement tray (if he does custom stuff, I can send him what's left of mine.)

Pretty sure he went out of business. I think he had a laser cutter at work that broke, and the $10k to fix was too much, so his source went away. It's too bad, since these are beautifully made. I have on in my 40 and a drivers side for second battery in my 60. I think the 60 one was the last in existance.

The FJ60 stock trays are still available from Toyota. I just bought one since the original was crudded up and starting to rust.

If anyone hears that he is back in business, let me know, I'd buy a few for future projects.

Were these identical to the factory trays but just in stainless? Becuase if so If he is not going to make anymore, then I might buy a new factory Toyota tray and take it to a metal shop to see how much to fab in stainless?

Rob

Were these identical to the factory trays but just in stainless? Becuase if so If he is not going to make anymore, then I might buy a new factory Toyota tray and take it to a metal shop to see how much to fab in stainless?

Rob

Not identical-Actually a better design, very thoughtfully done. I was hoping he would stay in business to make 80 series battery trays.

If you do get some fabbed up, I'm sure there is a market, particularly for FJ60s, since every original battery tray I have ever seen 60s is rusted crap.

Stainless Trays Back in Biz

Just an FYI for those who were looking for a stainless battery tray from Noel at Stainless Steel Battery Trays for TOYOTA LANDCRUISER.

Looks like he is making them again, with a slight mark-up.

I just ordered a single FJ40 tray for $69 + $10 S/H.

He's got (4) 40 Trays and some FJ60 Trays right now, more in the pipeline.

Email him at the address on the website and he will send you a paypal invoice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom