Squealing noise from steering, but only with aftermarket AC on, and steering is getting hard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trying to think of an alternative layout with only two grooves. PS pump would have to move back, and AC compressor would need to be adjustable. It would give ya a little more wrap.

View attachment 3018654
Wowow great idea! I'll see if it's possible considering the available depth (I'm very close to touching the fan). When they built the bracket for the AC compressor they were at the limit of the available space, and now it sits on the same level as the PS. I'll have to check with the garage what can be done and what can be moved, but thanks for the idea! 👍🏻

You would only need to move the PS pump rearward to the rear groove of the CR pulley & the WP pulley which would line it up with the alternator. Nothing would move forward to interfere with the fan. If the AC is not adjustable to tension the belt, you might be able to add a tensioner pulley in there somewhere. Just throwing this out there.

Belt Layout 03.jpg

You would only need to move the PS pump rearward to the rear groove of the CR pulley & the WP pulley which would line it up with the alternator. Nothing would move forward to interfere with the fan. If the AC is not adjustable to tension the belt, you might be able to add a tensioner pulley in there somewhere. Just throwing this out there.

View attachment 3018835
Thank you! Tomorrow I'll check if it's doable, I'm not near the car now 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom