squeaky sound at high speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went on my first long distance road trip last weekend and the rig was great. The one thing that bugged me was when I was traveling at high speed (+70MPH) I could hear a slight squeaky noise (I hate squeaks). This one was very minor so no big deal but it would be nice to fix.

It sounded like it was coming from underneath the truck and approx under the driver seat area. Like maybe the Leading Arm (nice having the FSM to help name things). :D (thanks Dan).

At speeds of lower than 60mph I can't hear it. It's like the vibration at the higher speed causes the noise.

Anybody else notice anything like this? I love tight trucks and this one is almost there.

R

wonder if you get enough vibration/motion at +70 for the exhaust hangers to squeak?

Riley,
probably not the exhaust on yours as it routes down passenger side. My guesses would be
1. shock mounts
2. lower control arm mounts(either at the frame or the axle)
3. trans mount.
the last one is purley a guess I am going completely off of where you stated you thought it was coming from. possible but not likely. The dave solution is to switch to louder music.
Dave

Is there a good spray (silicon or otherwise) I can spray on some of the above components? Or do I need to tear stuff apart and replace rubber bushings ect...

Perhaps with my new OME shocks/springs I might rid myself of this squeak. Otherwise it's back to Dave's solution of louder music. Only problem is my kids telling me to turn it down again. ::)

Do you get the squeek when driving at lower speeds around town when you hit a bump in the road? I would think that anything associated with the suspension would make noise then as well.

The only squeeks that I've ever had was due to the middle row of seats or the rear hatch. A quick spray of WD-40 on all the brackets and/or latches took care of both of those.

as far as a spray lubricant I am not a big fan of wd 40 I really like tri flow (lithium grease based) works well for door hinges and the like but not sure about longevity on suspension components.
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom