SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My front AHC is acting funny so I wanted to clean the height sensors. Does this open up and if so, how? It appears to have something to do with the two black tabs, but I don't want to force anything. If I do open it, will any springs or other surprises fall out?

I've done this on my 100 and if I recall it was very simple to open. (pardon my gross fingers, ugh!)

IMG_9990.jpg

I recently purchased a Ecoflow Delta 2 power station. When charging via DC, it allows me to limit the input amperage. 8, 6 and 4 amps.

Is there any reason not to set it to 8amps?

And does the answer change if I plug it in to my aux battery (optima red top) via a 4ga wire running back to my cargo area?

I’ve tested at both 8 and 6 and don’t see any visible problems.

I recently purchased a Ecoflow Delta 2 power station. When charging via DC, it allows me to limit the input amperage. 8, 6 and 4 amps.

Is there any reason not to set it to 8amps?

And does the answer change if I plug it in to my aux battery (optima red top) via a 4ga wire running back to my cargo area?

I’ve tested at both 8 and 6 and don’t see any visible problems.
You should never charge a lead acid at more then C/5, so if your battery is less than 40 amps you would need to use a lower setting

You should trickle charge at C/20 or less, so if you have an 80A battery and are just topping it off don’t use more than the 4A setting.

You should never charge a lead acid at more then C/5, so if your battery is less than 40 amps you would need to use a lower setting

You should trickle charge at C/20 or less, so if you have an 80A battery and are just topping it off don’t use more than the 4A setting.
Sorry! In re-reading my question, I realize I was not clear. (It was a stupidly asked stupid question! Doubly deserving to be in this thread!)

I am charging the Ecoflow power station from my LC.
So does that change your answer?

(The aux battery is charged from the starter battery/alternator via a redarc BCDC)

Sorry! In re-reading my question, I realize I was not clear. (It was a stupidly asked stupid question! Doubly deserving to be in this thread!)

I am charging the Ecoflow power station from my LC.
So does that change your answer?

(The aux battery is charged from the starter battery/alternator via a redarc BCDC)
I’m not familiar with the ecoflow but I think the logic is the same, bulk charging should be as high as you can but don’t exceed the max charging rate. If it’s lithium then it’s probably C or C/2.

I’m not familiar with the ecoflow but I think the logic is the same, bulk charging should be as high as you can but don’t exceed the max charging rate. If it’s lithium then it’s probably C or C/2.
Okay. Thanks.
That’s helpful. I’m not terribly worried about damaging the ecoflow. (It breaking doesn’t leave me stranded)
But it’s good to know that I’m not sucking too much power from the LC or anything. (Certainly it didn’t trip any fuses)

And besides, since the Ecoflow allows for up to 8 amps of DC when charging, I have to assume the engineers who make it checked to make sure it could take the 8 amps without issue.

Is the BSM system capable of audible warnings when a turn signal is activated? I see the light in the mirror, but curious if there is a "beep" option also.
'21 HE

Is the BSM system capable of audible warnings when a turn signal is activated? I see the light in the mirror, but curious if there is a "beep" option also.
'21 HE
Not that I'm aware of. I liked driving a Tahoe that had the vibrating seats when someone was in my blind spot and I turned on my blinker.

Okay. Thanks.
That’s helpful. I’m not terribly worried about damaging the ecoflow. (It breaking doesn’t leave me stranded)
But it’s good to know that I’m not sucking too much power from the LC or anything. (Certainly it didn’t trip any fuses)

And besides, since the Ecoflow allows for up to 8 amps of DC when charging, I have to assume the engineers who make it checked to make sure it could take the 8 amps without issue.
The ecoflow only has that adjustment to keep you from blowing a fuse depending on what you are charging with. The Ecoflow can handle anything the DC charger will throw at it.

On the AC side you can limit charge speed as well, but that is about increasing the longevity of the battery. If you let the delta charge at full AC capacity it has a detrimental effect compared to charging at the lower setting. But that’s all at much higher amperage than what the DC charger is allowed.

The ecoflow only has that adjustment to keep you from blowing a fuse depending on what you are charging with. The Ecoflow can handle anything the DC charger will throw at it.

On the AC side you can limit charge speed as well, but that is about increasing the longevity of the battery. If you let the delta charge at full AC capacity it has a detrimental effect compared to charging at the lower setting. But that’s all at much higher amperage than what the DC charger is allowed.
The Ecoflow I've seen has 10amp max DC charging at 12-100V DC and 800W max. So the trick is to up the voltage to get more watts charging. Some people will use a Victron DC-DC converter to go from 12V to 24V, effectively doubling the charging watts (120W vs 240W).

The Ecoflow I've seen has 10amp max DC charging at 12-100V DC and 800W max. So the trick is to up the voltage to get more watts charging. Some people will use a Victron DC-DC converter to go from 12V to 24V, effectively doubling the charging watts (120W vs 240W).
If one uses that Victron to double the wattage, would that not double the flow from the LC to the ecoflow? Would I need to be worried that the 4ga wire from my aux battery to my cargo area not being able to handle that current?

If one uses that Victron to double the wattage, would that not double the flow from the LC to the ecoflow? Would I need to be worried that the 4ga wire from my aux battery to my cargo area not being able to handle that current?
10amps at 24V is equal to 20amps at 12V. So from your battery to the victron you need to size your wire and fuse for 20+amps. 4ga wire at 20 amps is good for 50ft at only 3% voltage drop per the Bluesea wire gauge chart.

so depending on your other loads that your 4ga wire is feeding, 4ga should be plenty large to feed the victRon.

DC circuits need to include both positive and negative wire length in the calcs for sizing wire. So assuming you have 20ft of positive wire to the back of your rig and you ground the circuit in the back (not running it all the way to the battery neg), if your total circuit length is 25ft, your 4ga wire is good for 40+amps.

10amps at 24V is equal to 20amps at 12V. So from your battery to the victron you need to size your wire and fuse for 20+amps. 4ga wire at 20 amps is good for 50ft at only 3% voltage drop per the Bluesea wire gauge chart.

so depending on your other loads that your 4ga wire is feeding, 4ga should be plenty large to feed the victRon.

DC circuits need to include both positive and negative wire length in the calcs for sizing wire. So assuming you have 20ft of positive wire to the back of your rig and you ground the circuit in the back (not running it all the way to the battery neg), if your total circuit length is 25ft, your 4ga wire is good for 40+amps.

Perfect!

Thank you for the quick education.

And yeah, if I’m charging the ecoflow via that 4ga wire, I won’t have anything else on the circuit at the same time.

Was underneath the truck today and noticed one of the bolts on my BB SS oil door is cut, turning it into a flathead. I'm assuming the Toyota tech did it, as it looked stripped or unable to get a hex key in. Anyone else have problems with this? Assuming I can just get another SS to replace it.

20230608_125237.jpg

20230608_125234.jpg

Anybody ever fitted up 16+ LX570 roof rails onto an older LX or LC200? Any reason the mounting points might be different from the 08-15?

I bought the parts to delete my 2010 LX570 roof rack because I hate the look and never put stuff on my roof anyway, but my wife wants me to keep the rack for some hypothetical future use (same way she hordes junk in the basement lol). The 16+ LX rails look nice and stealth, and as I see it, it should be fairly easy to clamp crossbars on and off if the need ever arises.

Found this image on ebay: the mounting points appear to have a similar spacing to my 2010 🤔

1686327823108.png

Last edited:
Anybody ever fitted up 16+ LX570 roof rails onto an older LX or LC200? Any reason the mounting points might be different from the 08-15?

I bought the parts to delete my 2010 LX570 roof rack because I hate the look and never put stuff on my roof anyway, but my wife wants me to keep the rack for some hypothetical future use (same way she hordes junk in the basement lol). The 16+ LX rails look nice and stealth, and as I see it, it should be fairly easy to clamp crossbars on and off if the need ever arises.

Found this image on ebay: the mounting points appear to have a similar spacing to my 2010 🤔

View attachment 3344757
My understanding is the roofs are the same. But to mount the new rails you would have to drop the headliner since the earlier rails are bolt through and the new ones use studs.

Is there a nice spot to run power through the firewall or somewhere else to get to roughly the second row area? Thinking about a DC-DC charger with a little more balls than just using an AC charger plugged into the rear factory inverter.

How do I get this plastic off without breaking it or the bumper?

There are two screws underneath I removed but must clip at the top to the plastic bumper?

Need to get to the hitch receiver to sort out rust…

Apologies - I know there must be a really simple answer to this one.

Thanks!!!

IMG_0281.jpeg

How do I get this plastic off without breaking it or the bumper?

There are two screws underneath I removed but must clip at the top to the plastic bumper?

Need to get to the hitch receiver to sort out rust…

Apologies - I know there must be a really simple answer to this one.

Thanks!!!

View attachment 3346456
There isn’t - you have to remove the bumper skin as there’s a hidden clip on each side at the top. Terrible design

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom