Spotted: Heeps & assorted autos (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spotted —Me driving a gt3 RS and acquiring a new expensive hobby 🥺😭😂

First time on a race track (Dominion Raceway). Hit 156mph on the straight despite the wet.

04FFF18F-E579-463B-A0E2-23FC1BBEE763.jpeg

First time on a race track (Dominion Raceway). Hit 156mph on the straight despite the wet.

It's a really great hobby. But yeah, it can get spendy.

I stopped about five years ago, after doing it for ten. Sold the car, trailer, truck... everything. Still do an arrive and drive event every once in a while.

The Mid Atlantic area has plenty of tracks and lots of event organizers. Some better than others, of course.

If you want any guidance, I'd be happy to chat. I was a certified instructor for many groups.

Be safe out there!

View attachment 3001973
Definitely something I've been wanting to do! Which of the events did you go to?

Definitely something I've been wanting to do! Which of the events did you go to?
Xtreme Xperience. First time so don’t have any reference points but was pleasantly surprised they didn’t limit us in the rain. If you were comfortable and they were comfortable the instructor would push you. Good selection of vehicles too.

I’m not sure what other packages look like but it was more of than experience than a driving school.

Looks like they have open slots for September 30th in Richmond @ Dominion Raceway... you could even try out the GT3. I'd likely pick the GT-R : ) What do you guy's say we register, drive our Toyota's down there and call it a club event?

Parked at Safeway today and saw three different answers to the same question:

“How does one comfortably transport 4 people with the possibility of loose surfaces for not too much money?”

Variables include, among others, reliability, fun factor, mpg, off road capability, and toughness. Mixed scores across the board but I definitely still pick the middle choice among these three. Throw in an 80, 100 or 200 though and choices might shift a bit.

034AA090-5264-4396-B3CC-C6D56C2BBFFD.jpeg

Who needs an El Camino when you can have a convertible Camry version
PXL_20220512_193530032.jpg

PXL_20220512_193527144.jpg

First Rivian I’ve seen in the wild:

48DAB09E-6CA4-4E5A-A603-DF904AB85516.jpeg

I didn’t bother to walk around it, but from this angle it appears to have all the allure of mid-90s Ford Ranger….seems like a failure of imagination.

I saw one at the CFA in Leesburg. Hooked to a trailer loaded with traffic cones.

One in my neighborhood. Saw it last weekend with the hood up and a repair truck on the street. Not sure what is under the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom