Spent over $2,400 on my LX in 3 weeks! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$2,400? Rookie numbers
Just surprising because of how clean the thing is. The 100 series looks has aged well. Once you realize it's a 19 year old vehicle then the fact you have to spend money on it makes total sense. My 01 LX drives nicer than my 2018 4Runner.

Another thing to consider is yes, it’s an almost 20yr old truck so it will need some maintenance if it hasn’t been properly maintained by the PO. But now that you have it out of the way it’ll be years before you have to spend that much on maintenance again (not including mods, that’s a slippery slope). So you can drive happily knowing you have a reliable truck and that’s priceless

Funny thing is, I have a 1985 FJ60, which was only about 14 years old when the 100 series came out and the level of technology between that and 2001 to 2018 is huge. Fred Flintstone had better horsepower and suspension than the FJ60.

And brakes were about the same.
Surprisingly, the brakes on my 60 do very well. I heard the brakes on the 80's would fade pretty quick. Although I enjoy the "Boulevard" ride of the AHC, I do prefer the conventional suspension of my 4Runner and FJ60 off road because I just don't trust the durability of the AHC on my Lexus yet. Seems like one more thing to worry about so I tend to pamper it a bit when I'm on the trail. Wheeling a Lexus is kind of hard to wrap your head around. Like off road in a Coupe De Ville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom