Speedo Cable for H55F Split T-Case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a quick search in the 40 section for an answer but I can't find one...

I'm doing a 2UZ/H55F conversion in my 72 FJ40. I've bought a 60 series split t-case for it (and managed to find the parking brake conversion kit for the t-case). In any event my original gauge cluster is in rough shape but I did find one for sale out of a more modern 40 series (turn signals integrated into the cluster etc.) which is new old stock. I'm doing a frame off so it will be a complete "resto-mod" all 'Yota V8.

The speedometer utilizes the later "clip-on" speedo cable. Can anyone confirm that the FJ60 split t-case speedometer cables have the correct "clip-on" end on them that will fit the 40 series speedo? I'd like to buy this NOS cluster but don't want to get stuck with a speedo that I can't find a drive cable for. I think I should be able to find one because I know that in Canada the '84 3B diesel had a 5 speed tranny (which IIRC was an H55F) so it must have had the later split t-case.

I'm sure I can find a cable that will work - but if anyone could help shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

:cheers:

Last edited:
I don't have an answer to your question but I will tell you that the speedometer cable for the four-speed split transfer is still available – at least here in Japan.

It is a clip on type. And it's a total to get on and off.

Pete

you can buy extensions for the 4spd speedo cable that make it fit with the H55 - Marlin, Trailgear and others carry those

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom