Speedi sleeve help needed (Found Solution) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Putting speedi sleeve on parking brake hub. Used the install tool provided after putting jb weld on shaft. Bottomed out the install tool and sleeve still needs to go approximately 1/4 inch. So I got the sleeve off of hub, cleaned the hub back up and ordered a new sleeve.

What have y’all used to finish the job, what size pipe, conduit or what should I look for to get the depth I need.

Thanks

Did u buy cr99177 ?

That’s the one I got as per @Poser it went right on all the way it should no problems.

Yes, it fit the shaft good and went on fine, then the install tool bottomed out and left me short🚁

When I installed the sleeve I pressed it all the way on and decided I needed to back it up a bit to get it lined up with the seal.
As far as I am concerned for the money they could have given an extra quarter inch in length on the sleeve.
You shouldn't need anything like JB to hold it on.
If you do then you have other problems.

I had to speedi-sleeve the input shaft on my H55F. I ended up using a Shop-Vac hard extension tube that fit perfectly as I had to drive the sleeve over that long input shaft.

If you are bottoming out the install tool, just find something with very close dimension, PVC, conduit and drive it on.

I went to several stores today and looked at pvc fittings, galvanized pipe fittings and pipe, electrical emt fittings, both in steel and plastic and found nothing. I checked my shop vac tube and it’s too big, ckecked my wife’s vacuum and too small. Maybe someone has the answer.

Maybe try a hose clamp with some electrical or painters tape around it so it won’t mar anything? Sounds like you only need to get 1/4” more. I’m surprised there isn’t any pvc close enough.

You still have the lip on the sleeve correct?

Maybe try a hose clamp with some electrical or painters tape around it so it won’t mar anything? Sounds like you only need to get 1/4” more. I’m surprised there isn’t any pvc close enough.

You still have the lip on the sleeve correct?
Thanks for your input. No, the lip broke off when I tried a square tubing to knock her down. So I have removed the new sleeve and ordered a new one. I have a plan though, I took the old installation tool and cut about a 1/4 inch off of the closed end. That gives me about 5/8 inch of sleeve. When I install new sleeve I will use the install tool that comes with it. When that bottoms out, I will remove it and slide the cut install tool sleeve then stack the newest install tool and place a radiator clamp to hold alignment and hopefully knock her to the right place.

I will post a picture when I get it together.

Thanks for your input. No, the lip broke off when I tried a square tubing to knock her down. So I have removed the new sleeve and ordered a new one. I have a plan though, I took the old installation tool and cut about a 1/4 inch off of the closed end. That gives me about 5/8 inch of sleeve. When I install new sleeve I will use the install tool that comes with it. When that bottoms out, I will remove it and slide the cut install tool sleeve then stack the newest install tool and place a radiator clamp to hold alignment and hopefully knock her to the right place.

I will post a picture when I get it together.
Successfully got it in the right place. Here are the pictures of how I did it.
1689C6CB-7FF7-4A0C-95ED-BBD6BA2DE23E.jpeg
52C17B89-3240-480F-856B-3F3985BC67EE.jpeg
9D4F6F19-032B-4875-B78E-8263BFA10724.jpeg
778C5FA5-0F47-4EFE-9D9D-0E126ADE5791.jpeg
61A6B0B0-EB73-493D-ADFB-4E7A018EA319.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom