Builds Previously known as the 'One Week Resto' now Pathetically keeping it alive... 500k (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We should collaboratively pool our money and hire a 3D drafting expert to spend a year designing parts for our 40's... =)

That's a good idea... then send the 3D drafts to me and I'll print them out ... hoping for 3-4 more printers in the future ... it's also been sucking most of my free time working on curriculum

Really enjoying reading about your journey with this rig. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!!

It's appreciated to know I'm not talking to myself lol... there are so many great build threads and trying to keep up with reading is not so easy ... my time to do so is when my head hits the pillow ... like ah ... in about an hr :)

You need to save my thread for last ... it's perfect to make you fall asleep lol

Have been in the busy mode for well over a month... just can't find time to do anything to the cruiser but use it ... had the leaves to do today... these are not all mine... but

After 4 trips of a full trailer it sure felt like it was all from me lol

View attachment 1360978 View attachment 1360990

Hey Johnny, very nice color coordination between the 40 and trailer!! Me like a lot!!

Thanks!! :)

I guess you have not heard ... "olive green is the new black"

It's the latest craze ... don't fall behind... get your od spray and paint the town :)

See the links... Olive Green is in style!!!

Five Reasons Olive Green is the New Black

http://www.mayshadwomanmag.com/olive-green-is-the-new-black/

These Military-Inspired Styles Prove That Green Is The New Black -- Here Are 5 Ridiculously Easy Ways To Integrate It Into Your Wardrobe

Please tell me the only reason you have those links handy is because of an "Olive green is the new black" Google search!

My prototype light bracket failed :)

Problem is the 3D printer only fills 10% of interior of object... had to up it to 50% and increased the gussets

Looks good ... be putting it in for kid test soon lol

Also gifted to me was a pair of J.Wiss & sons tailors shears ... about 1900-1910

IMG_1602.JPG
IMG_1603.JPG
IMG_1604.JPG
IMG_1605.JPG

Finally put in the rear heater core (used)

I was "wrapping presents" :) and just so happened my heater core got done as well :meh:

Will need to give it a bit of time to dry off the area to see if new to me core is leaking at all... was a bit pinched bad on one of the outside rows

Btw

A merry Christmas Eve to you all

We had a house building time... and then play time

IMG_1530.JPG
IMG_1636.JPG
IMG_1632.JPG
IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

Old rag joint

This was actually the last thing I did... replaced with one I got new from mark ... thanks mark!! @65swb45

Went fairly well... unbolted everything ... marked everything ... put it all back together ... when test riding I noticed the wheel was upside down :meh:

I know how that happened

It was the last project and was flying through it , it was going too well lol

Last edited:
Dash light ... the wire broke off the under master senders... easy fix on that one

Wipers... continued the frugalness with using the center parts of my wife's old wipers and replaced the blade on an extra set of black wipers that had trashed blades.... 'I can see clearly now the streaks are gone ' :)

Was a bit of a bugger to get off ... but it finally did ... I read about using a pair of dikes and didn't use them at first and was messing it up ... when I remembered... and boy did it come off easy then

Step by step pics :)

All in all pretty easy to do

IMG_1706.JPG
IMG_1707.JPG
IMG_1708.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG

Did you replace the speedo gear housing with a dual seal one?

Rear brakes would have not passed inspection... so needed to replace them... I had these rotors for years and never cut out the centers

A buddy at work has a lathe that said he would cut them ( 4.175 )

I believe he cut them just a tad under that lol they didn't fit ... ran them quickly into work and sanded off a very little using the orbital drum sander... and then they fit perfectly

New pads and all is good :)

IMG_1699.JPG
IMG_1701.JPG
IMG_1700.JPG

Keep it up Johnny!

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom