Speed Bleeder Size or Part Number? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love your home built adapter, and that's a sweet test rig. Are you bench bleeding in the picture?

I home built one out of a garden sprayer too, and it worked fine. I put a schrader valve in mine too, so I could be lazy. I bought a Motive later anyway and it is functionally the same, just a little less agricultural looking. I like that I can buy adapters for the Motive and they are plug and play.

I love your home built adapter, and that's a sweet test rig. Are you bench bleeding in the picture?

I was just bench testing the setup with a spare MC I had in my stash. Just air in the system there.

I home built one out of a garden sprayer too, and it worked fine. I put a schrader valve in mine too, so I could be lazy. I bought a Motive later anyway and it is functionally the same, just a little less agricultural looking. I like that I can buy adapters for the Motive and they are plug and play.

I picked up the Motive adapter for the MC in my Miata a few weeks ago, it was really easy to adapt it to the hose on my setup. Fun fact about the Miata: the brake and clutch hydraulics share the same reservoir. I always wondered why more manufacturers didn't do this. Maybe some do?
IMG_20200522_112143.jpg

For the Motive power bleeder, which version are folks using? Did a quick amazon check on this, and it appears there are several versions.

Thanks!

I have a couple adapters, but the one that works for me is the universal round adapter version. It is a bit finicky to use, particularly on the cruiser as it has a large reservoir with ABS master cylinder underneath. So the chain to pull it down and maintain a seal can be tricky to setup. Not sure if there may be a better cap to use on the 200-series IIRC.

When using the a pressure bleeder, I don't fill the pump anymore (as it's designed to auto top-off while bleeding), so it's one less item to clean. I just use it for air pressure. Will want to make sure that the vehicle reservoir is plenty full and topped off so as not to push air into the system. The 200-series has a huge reservoir so it shouldn't be an issue.

When using the a pressure bleeder, I don't fill the pump anymore (as it's designed to auto top-off while bleeding), so it's one less item to clean. I just use it for air pressure. Will want to make sure that the vehicle reservoir is plenty full and topped off so as not to push air into the system. The 200-series has a huge reservoir so it shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah, I am gonna try this next time I use mine. It is a nuisance to clean all that stuff, and make sure it is totally dry before you use it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom