Source for KM3- 33x10.5R15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm a pretty loyal BFG mud terrain guy....BUT everyone has my size on backorder. Anyone know a source that has them?

I did some looking and when searching for Mud terrains in that size a few sites seemed to indicate it was a discontinued model. That might simply mean that BFG is switching to the next iteration of the design and hasn't released it yet but is not producing new stock anymore

maybe try this:

Yeah...I've checked all the websites, and called all the retailers I can find. I ordered a set from Tire Rack and they have them "Backordered" 60-90 days which is ok if they really come. I'm worried I'll wait 90 days THEN they'll say "sorry."

Yeah...I've checked all the websites, and called all the retailers I can find. I ordered a set from Tire Rack and they have them "Backordered" 60-90 days which is ok if they really come. I'm worried I'll wait 90 days THEN they'll say "sorry."
I’d just call BFG direct and ask if the model is discontinued or if they will be doing another production run again.

Good Luck, I have been similarly delayed.

Looking to go for 16" wheels from here on out, more tire choices available in that size.

I just got his message from BFG corporate: "Those tires are not in production at this time with no production date set."

So, if I want to keep my stock steel rims, I have only a few options:

I can go BFG KO2, General Grabber X3, or Dick Cepek Extreme Country. What's y'all experience?

Last edited:
Have you met my friend?

Full disclosure: i have these:
I find they ride and handle well, they are quiet on the road, and have a lot of grip on and off road.
1635955131419.png

Last edited:
Have you had them long? How do they compare to the KM2/3?
Had them for 2 or 3 years now. I’ve never had the BFG’s so I cannot compare.

I just got his message from BFG corporate: "Those tires are not in production at this time with no production date set."

I can go BFG KO2, General Grabber X3, or Dick Cepek Extreme Country. What's y'all experience?

I've had a set of the DC Extreme Country's since 2016(?) in 33x10.5, and I like them a lot. The only other personal comparisons I can make are to Super Swampers in 32x10.5 (they were much louder, worse in snow/ice, no better on any kind of rocks/mud that I ever noticed), Yokohama Geolandar ATs in 30x9.5 (*maybe* quieter than the DCs, worse on all terrains including road, but this was on my crappy old XJ). Definitely get the job done for less money than BFG, but I think I want 35s in a 16 or 17 inch flavor and cheap steelies (FJC?) with spacers for my next tires/wheels, not more of these. The tall and skinny look is fine, but I'm much more interested in availability at this point.

33/10.5R15 sized tires (from any manufacturer) are not recommended for the stock 6” wide rim. Most shops won’t mount them anymore.

33/10.5R15 sized tires (from any manufacturer) are not recommended for the stock 6” wide rim. Most shops won’t mount them anymore.
yep. I mounted my own at a friends shop. Handy access to a tire machine.

But I plan to go to a 16" rim in the future. The 15 with the 31x10.5's work fine but they do balloon a bit.

Last edited:
255/85r16 on a 70 series wheel. With both trucks. I’m on a 1.25” spacer in the first picture. Not needed but it looks good. I’m on km3.

I’d do a 235/85r16 in a heartbeat. 32x9.5r16 equivalent.

370F52E8-4FEA-46C0-8B42-F705BA7E142B.jpeg

BF02127D-65F1-4D3B-9D3B-89AA2017DE35.jpeg

65DD13A0-CE10-4E5E-A475-BADE8719EB99.jpeg

Last edited:
I’d do a 235/85r16 in a heartbeat. 32x9.5r16 equivalent.

@HemiAlex Your truck is my main inspiration for going to the 70-series rims. I have a set of 235/85r16 Duratracs waiting in my front room for the rims to arrive at the dealership.

tires.jpg

Oh, I didn't know you could get Duratracs in 235/85R16… those are severe snow rated correct? Looks like Wildpeak AT3W, KO2, and Toyo AT3 are all comparable in that size as well for the other folks looking.

Oh, I didn't know you could get Duratracs in 235/85R16… those are severe snow rated correct? Looks like Wildpeak AT3W, KO2, and Toyo AT3 are all comparable in that size as well for the other folks looking.
Yes, they're rated for severe snow. The mountain passes near me require snow tires October through April. Running the Duratracs means I don't have to keep a second set of tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom