Good source for cargo area carpet (only)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1984 FJ60, and my rear cargo area carpet is destroyed.

I know I can buy entire carpet kits for over $1000 but I just need this one section.

Any recs?

Home Depot rubber coated 3’x4’ entrance carpets. I’ve used these for years. Duct tape them
together and cut to shape. Practical and they last a long time. When you wear it out or tear it,
toss it and replace.

Home Depot rubber coated 3’x4’ entrance carpets. I’ve used these for years. Duct tape them
together and cut to shape. Practical and they last a long time. When you wear it out or tear it,
toss it and replace.

Whoa! Cool idea... could you send pics of yours?

Also, if I care about the authentic carpet color, got any ideas? Seems like maybe I could get the dimensions, buy some similar carpet, and have my local carpet guy (whom I know) bind the edges for me.

Whoa! Cool idea... could you send pics of yours?

Also, if I care about the authentic carpet color, got any ideas? Seems like maybe I could get the dimensions, buy some similar carpet, and have my local carpet guy (whom I know) bind the edges for me.
Mine has plywood over it now. I still throw the carpet in if I don’t want stuff to slide around. Colour? Who cares. It’s cargo. LOL. Black is beautiful?! If I may be so politically incorrect. When it’s all there is.
I think @dnp will sell less than the full carpet kit, or atleast used to?
No reason why not. I ordered that same kit but direct from factory. I went with an oddball colour too. Not to most people’s liking. But it matched my new paint.

Last edited:
We used brown office carpet with a pad underneath it. Matches pretty closely the original color. An upholsterer cut and attached it to the back seat and then it is one solid piece to the tail gate.

I think @dnp will sell less than the full carpet kit, or atleast used to?
Thanks for keeping us in mind @BurntToast, but unfortunately, our mfr. doesn’t sell individual sections, they only sell complete carpet sets.......but there’s actually a legitimate reason for this: when carpet sets are produced, the carpet for the entire floor is molded at the same time from one large piece of carpet, and then the individual sections are cut out of that large molded piece and finished. When the company first started, they offered individual pieces for sale; however, they quickly learned that doing that required them to (a) inventory the remaining pieces, (b) warehouse those inventoried pieces, and (c) market what they had left over, in hopes they could sell them. Needless to say, it was a sales model that led to huge problems, so they abandoned that practice many years ago.

If anyone is looking for a complete set of 60 / 62 / 80 / 100 series carpet, PM me, because we can definitely help with that!
dnp

Hi, Have you started cutting the factory holes in the carpet?

Hi, Have you started cutting the factory holes in the carpet?
If you're asking ME that question, no, we're not. As above, there's a legitimate reason: people modify their trucks in any number of ways, so if the carpet is already cut per original, they couldn't use pre-cut carpet. Being uncut, it works for any application (and I send a detailed installation guide with all orders)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom