Solved: Prismatic Powders Color Match for Oak/SEM Monterey (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m interested in powder coating some metal to match the factory oak color of the interior plastics of my ‘95.

Has anyone gone through the $500 color match process with PrismaticPowders.com or found a powder that is an exact color match to Oak/SEM Color Coat Monterey?

If not, I will pass the hat around 💰💰💰(joking)

Last edited:
Have you considered Plasti-Dip? There's a flat tan that might be a close match to the original

Respectfully, my question was clear in the first post: Has anyone (a) gone through the match process with Prismatic or (b) know of a powder coat color that is an exact match.

This is not meant to be a coatings pros/cons discussion thread.

Thanks for the cerakote tip. I’ll give my local applicator a call to check out their swatches.

@Kernal

I have already recieved a few batches of swatches from prismatic… I have spoken with them on the phone… No matches yet…. Next step is the $500 custom color match unless they have made it for someone else…. That’s why I made this thread…. With the question i asked…. To see if someone had done it already and found an exact match…

You aren’t helping by providing all this other information.

@Kernal

I have already recieved a few batches of swatches from prismatic… I have spoken with them on the phone… No matches yet…. Next step is the $500 custom color match unless they have made it for someone else…. That’s why I made this thread…. With the question i asked…. To see if someone had done it already and found an exact match…

You aren’t helping by providing all this other information.
Maybe not helping you. The point of forums is to provide information for everyone. He is providing relevant information, im sure which will help someone in the future. Forums are not simple Q and A between you and respondents. They are discussions for everyone. They will happen with or without you. You are not obligated to reply to anything posted on your thread, nor can you regulate what is posted on your thread.

Last edited:
I believe the information being provided is useful and helpful. Sometimes you won't find a perfect color match and I personally wouldn't spend $500 to get it. I would use the info provided here and get several close. You may end up mixing a few together and keep working it until you get something close enough

Your friendly 80 series Moderator :)

I used this Prismatic. Matched the carpet well.

3EEECEF5-6613-4D40-A10E-D8E7E51F8C4E.jpeg
871421D6-0EF3-4C9D-971D-C8C9CAE49975.jpeg
ECB447B7-1303-4E9D-B9AA-73565BF71643.jpeg
B07AD151-8D18-4897-BE44-5B2C30C5D42C.jpeg

Match came out decent. Different levels of contrast depending on the viewing angle.

73B4B361-0386-4CF2-84CA-8B8BB954D011.jpeg

C7A43E3C-1780-48F1-8DFA-03063B27C79A.jpeg

Overall I’m pleased with the result, very inexpensive mod that looks much cleaner than scuffed up chrome and will wear better.

@Shoulderleen, which color did you end up using? Might be nice for others to know which you chose if they are looking to do something similar down the road. I am guessing you chose cinderblock brown but just wanting to clarify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom