SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For those that aren't aware and new to the SAS family. Trail communication is a great way to chat with people and keep each other informed as trail conditions change. CB radio is still an accepted form of communication, however, the use of FRS/GMRS radios has been a real improvement and is very cost effective compared to a traditional CB radio. All of your trail leaders will be using FRS/GMRS to communicate. This doesn't mean you have to buy a big expensive setup. The hunting type radios at BassPro and the like are very efficient and reasonably priced. I personally use a Midland MXT105 in my 60 and have excellent transmit and reception.
If you Have any questions I'm positive someone will chime in and be happy to help.
Two months and counting folks, can't wait to see all your smiling faces in Ouray. 😁
Casey..

Casey…you and each and every volunteer are doing an outstanding job of keeping this fabulous event alive. And we appreciate it!☕🍪
Thank you for the kind words my friend. It is humbling to see how everyone steps up to help keep our relaxed get together as personal as possible.

I’ll have some extra handhelds in case someone shows up lacking.
We will have the generator running at SAS main camp with the coffee. There will be plenty of juice to charge handhelds if you don't have a way to in your vehicle.

I have updated the Sponsor list on page 1 post 2. You guys are the backbone of the Cruiser Community and it is really cool to see everyone in person. Many of our sponsors are attending and should be willing to deliver (within reason) in person if possible. Lets show the guys that make your raffle happen some love.

T-MINUS 60 days..... I'm excited. I will spare everyone the visual.

For those that aren't aware and new to the SAS family. Trail communication is a great way to chat with people and keep each other informed as trail conditions change. CB radio is still an accepted form of communication, however, the use of FRS/GMRS radios has been a real improvement and is very cost effective compared to a traditional CB radio. All of your trail leaders will be using FRS/GMRS to communicate. This doesn't mean you have to buy a big expensive setup. The hunting type radios at BassPro and the like are very efficient and reasonably priced. I personally use a Midland MXT105 in my 60 and have excellent transmit and reception.
If you Have any questions I'm positive someone will chime in and be happy to help.
Two months and counting folks, can't wait to see all your smiling faces in Ouray. 😁
Casey..
In my years of working in and around KOH, we've all used the hand-held Baofeng UV-5R's with an 11" "Buggy Whip Antenna!"
But I've recently noticed that the UV-5R radio has been upgraded!

BAOFENG BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio with Large Battery

11" Antenna for the BF-F8HP

Casey..
I use string and cans when I trail lead works great

My 80 is ready for SAS now.
A2118284-0FAB-4E2E-A7CB-FB19F142605D.jpeg

My 80 is ready for SAS now.View attachment 2693339
Remember to report this to Casey and Jimmy.
"
Solid Axle Vehicles Attending:
FJ40 -8
FJ45 -3
FJ45 Troopy -1
FJ55 -3
FJ60 -20
HJ61 -2
FJ62 -11
BJ70 -1
BJ73 -1
BJ74 -1
HZJ73 -1
HZJ75 -1
FJ80 -23 (How many are white and number of cup holders please) :rofl:
HDJ81 -2
LX450 -6
HJ141 -1
Mini -3
SAS Swap -1 "

Just dropped the tranny & T Case. Reseal the H41 & rebuild the T Case. Hope to start the install on Monday. Lots of fun on a dirt driveway.

65516B81-8D36-4537-A4C7-D483D522383A.png

033C5967-4AC2-4882-91DE-E761A4409658.png

The dirt driveway gives you way more street credit.👍😎

Not leather more like canvas.

On the T-Case rebuild we will be paying close attention to Georg & Onur’s 1 hour + video. This rabbit hole began with the idea of solving one of my very last two leaks...Tranny & T Case. Thinking some new gaskets & I’d be good.(Steering box being the other leak)

When we opened up the T Case we could see we got there just in time. Prob would not have made it to Ouray w/o any issues. When you use these old trucks like we do, there’s always something on the horizon to take care of…but TOTALLY worth every effort to keep them on the road.👍🎯👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom