Solid axle advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Y’all, I’m new to this forum as well as solid axles. I’ve never worked on a solid axle, but I’m also tired of dealing with IFS issues. I am currently looking at a 01 Tacoma that has been SAS already. It’s a Trail Gear housing, with birfield axles. He also has 5.29 Yukon gears in it, while running 38” tires. He is asking $14k for it, but I plan on trying to have him bite at $10-$12k. With that being said, what should I look for before I purchase this truck? Obviously the suspension and bushing for sure, but any noises, vibrations, or clicks? Any information would be very helpful. Thank you!
C638EE3C-6557-482F-961D-F26C0CA27BD0.jpeg

Check all the welds on the front spring hanger. Make sure it was stitch welded on. Basically what that means is that there should be a bunch of 2" welds going across the front of the hanger. Make sure the perches don't have any small blocks under them, and when you drive it get it up to speed and see how it tracks down the road. Also check all the pinion and drive line angles and make sure everything looks good.

$12k would be a really good deal for a truck like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom