Soft top door frames (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to remove the top frames for the rear doors for the summer but I can’t get them out — are these not removable? One side looks like it can come out but the other is lodged in there. Am I missing something?

IMG_2361.jpeg

I don't think those are factory. I have a '75 FST and the rear door is a drop gate, not barn doors. As I recall they stopped making a FST for the US in '75, so maybe a custom or foreign job?

I don't think those are factory. I have a '75 FST and the rear door is a drop gate, not barn doors. As I recall they stopped making a FST for the US in '75, so maybe a custom or foreign job?
Definitely not factory — it’s a new tub on a 77 frame

I don't think those strap loops are supposed to be up in the recessed part at the top of the fender, either

What keeps the doors shut without the tops on? Just curious since have only seen one like this in person.

While this may be aftermarket the style is OEM. The lower hard section had a simple flip over latch that could be operated from the outside and the inside. If it had the standard barn door latch passengers could not opened the door from the inside with the soft top on.

The frames are removable. You need to unscrew 4 bolts for each door

View attachment 3353382

And now the summer is coming ;)
View attachment 3353383
Beautiful! Also love the closeup of the latch, need to figure that one out for my rig.

Seems the PO has somehow glued one of the sides of the frames into the door — I fully removed one off the doors (all screws) to see if I could get it off but it still wouldn’t budge.

May end up just getting a replacement tailgate just for the summer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom