For Sale SOCAL - Los Angeles - 1987 Toyota FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am selling this truck and listing it at about $19,000 give or take. Is this too much? I'd like for you guys to chime in with critiques and an honest valuation for any prospective buyers as I don't want to rip off anyone nor do i want to be taken advantage of. I am awful at selling myself but I also believe in being fair and i respect the community here as you guys helped me a lot through my years of ownership.

It leaks a lot in all the places these trucks leak but it runs well in general, It just passed smog and registration is current through 2019. Title is clean, pink slip in hand and in my name.

I would consider this truck to be in decent shape for anyone who is handy and ready to be restored or built out for a great project. I just really don't have any time and or money to do so. It has a little under 350,000 miles on the clock which is the biggest downside. It has the classic cracked wiper fluid bottles WITH missing caps.

It has the factory AC but missing the belt.
Runs cool ive driven through the Sonoran desert on the longest trip I did in 120 degree weather and it was happy
Leaks everywhere these leak.
Faded paint on hood
Some dings on body
Surface oxidation on the underside which is normal but no rust that i can tell
A light pitting or rust on the pinch weld on the roof.
Missing a visor
Antenna broke
Desperately needs tires
Factory AC needs to be connected
Heater works
Windshield is delaminating
It has a mild lift from Dakar OME
Doetsch Tech shocks
Passes smog and has everytime after i bought it
Clean title
It's missing cosmetic pieces, needs tires and in my opinion it needs TLC.

I am available any day through the week, feel free to contact me here or through email at politikstar@gmail.com
If you have questions feel free to ask.

Anthony

i'd say compare what you're offering to other bring a trailer auctions...look at the sold units, and ones that didn't make reserve and try to be honest and objective about what you're selling vs. what other people have been willing to pay for.

BAT is a good example of what the market will pay...try to predict where yours might land in all that.

x2....definitely need comps and a baseline to go by. Also, like they say- an @$$ for every seat- it'll appeal to certain folks, and may repulse others (I don't know how better to put it). A V8 swap buyer may see it as gold because the body looks excellent. Also there are those of us who know these things to last way North of 500k miles no problem, then there are the purists. Best to continue your comps and take detailed pictures of inside, out, and underneath. GLWS!

Wonderful thank you all very much and I am appreciating the feedback! I will be posting more pictures in the next day or so. Would I love top dollar haha of course I would. But at the same time I want to be as fair for all parties involved with attention to the market of course. Thank you!

It has the factory AC but missing the belt. - A $19,000 truck should both have the belt and have working AC
Runs cool ive driven through the Sonoran desert on the longest trip I did in 120 degree weather and it was happy
Leaks everywhere these leak. - This should not be a statement made about a $19000 FJ60
Faded paint on hood - Not something I want to read in an ad for a $19000 FJ60
Some dings on body - See previous statement
Surface oxidation on the underside which is normal but no rust that i can tell - Meh
A light pitting or rust on the pinch weld on the roof. - See previous $19000 statements
Missing a visor - Not for the asking price
Antenna broke - Not for the asking price
Desperately needs tires - Definitely not for the asking price
Factory AC needs to be connected - Big red flag
Heater works
Windshield is delaminating - Red flag
It has a mild lift from Dakar OME - Define mild
Doetsch Tech shocks
Passes smog and has everytime after i bought it
Clean title
It's missing cosmetic pieces, needs tires and in my opinion it needs TLC. - Maybe on a $12000 truck but not on a $19,000 and with the current miles there is a lot of negatives that push this well out of the $19000 asking level.

I am available any day through the week, feel free to contact me here or through email at politikstar@gmail.com
If you have questions feel free to ask.

It’s on Craigslist in LA. Listed at 15.8k, still about 5-6k overpriced with the high mileage and catalog of issues.

I’ve been following this one on LA Craigslist. I thought it was overpriced as well. Surprisingly not the most over priced down there! Y’all should check out the $20k one with 2 crummy pics and the worst description ever haha! I love how this seller reached out to the LC community

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom