so u think u can garden!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wish we had chickens. The neighborhood
dogs and no fences make those a non-starter.
I'm having to crop dust early and diligently
after rains. Rabbits, deer and other vermin
and varmints stand around drooling for
a shot at the lettuce. Don't get me started
on bugs and fungus and wilts.
So far so good. The deer LOVE young okra
and bean leaves. The dog is working so far.
Fetched 3 rabbits this spring. The deer got
some sprouts the first night but little since.
Sevin dust must taste BAD. They pounce
after each rain and I dust each morning after
rain. A few bell peppers on plants now.

Tomatoes looking good.

ForumRunner_20130614_135218.jpg

ForumRunner_20130614_135231.jpg

ForumRunner_20130614_135245.jpg

Yet to figure out why my chit upside down.

someone turned off the gravity

We got lucky with a limb from last Thursdays storm in our garden. 2nd pic is what knocked our power lines down to the house. We have power and cable but both lines still on the ground.

image-1833157884.jpg

image-3854911331.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

image-1833157884.jpg

image-3854911331.jpg

I gotta dig up a potato, I think mine have rotted due to too much rain, the stems have suddenly browned and one has lost all foliage. Gonna have to seven dust looks like, had something bore into 2 of my bell peppers.

Cucumbers are growing like mad, should have 5-7 to pick in the next day or so. Some corn is tassling, squash, Zucc, and pumpkins all have plenty of blooms. Tomatoes are getting just size for needing a cage to stand, bell peppers seem to be the only thing staying small, but I did plan tthem last and from seed. I hope to plant another set of corn in the next week or so to extrend my harvest of fresh corn.

Our garden is so thick, we had to pull some tomato bushes and replant them. Got several peppers, tomatoes, and even a few pumpkins in the vine. Harvested a ton of spinach so far, letting it go to seed, then grow again.

I am happier than a pig on a stick...I got red potatoes!! I thought all this rain had caused them to rot due to the stalks dying pretty early so I decided to dig one up and see how rotted they were, and to my surprise I pulled up fresh potatoes and two more raddish. The rain is causing the green to grow and the bulbs are not filling out very well. Hopefully I'll start to see some filling out here if it dries up some. Gonna pick some peas tomorrow evening!

image-3917535144.jpg

Not from my garden but less than 50 yards from my house so I'm counting it. Almost a lb. of blackberries. And this is a small portion of what is out there.

image-3221290920.jpg

Mmmmm blackberry cobbler!

Finally starting to turn. Cucumbers starting to come in as well.

ForumRunner_20130701_115045.jpg

ForumRunner_20130701_115045.jpg

Big tomatoes trying to turn but rotting on the vine. Cucumbers coming in and peppers finally starting to form up as well. Rabbits got my squash apparently! I swear that biggest cucumber is only 3 days old.

ForumRunner_20130715_101230.jpg

ForumRunner_20130715_101230.jpg

MAde 2 batches of pickles already this season, squash a Zucc all doing well. Suprizingly I only had one squash plant die off. Corn has been beat down by all the storms, but had a neighbor from church bring us close to 50 dozen ears of corn so I think we are good on that front. Bell Peppers are still lagging behind, tomatoes are up and over thier 3' tall cages but no red ones yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom