so u think u can garden!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good. I planted some corn over the weekend, Waiting on the chicken poo to soak in a little before planting other plants. Started bell pepper, cucumber, zucchini, and squash seeds.

All but two of the 10 trees i planted a few weekends ago are sprouting. Hopefully they will sprout before too much longer.

I can grow a mean patio. Does that count?

Travertine...... It ain't just for your kitchen backsplash anymore :D

image-1775664201.jpg

Our first attempt. 6'x10'x10". Just tomatoes and bell peppers this year. I'll keep a log of weather, rain, temp, etc. and see what adjustments need to be made for the next go around.

image-4016337663.jpg

Garden plowed, plants are bought, now waiting on the soil to warm and the farmers almanac to tell us when to start planting, per :princess:. :rolleyes:
The apple trees by the garden have more blooms than they have ever had and full of bees. I sure hope the bees stick around!

cell pics 018.jpg

cell pics 031.jpg

Garden plowed, plants are bought, now waiting on the soil to warm and the farmers almanac to tell us when to start planting, per :princess:. :rolleyes:
The apple trees by the garden have more blooms than they have ever had and full of bees. I sure hope the bees stick around!

A tractor with a rototill attachment is an awesome thing.

Agreed Steve. That is my BIL's toy and he made about 4 passes, going 12 inches deep, in about 15 minutes. I also put a pick up load of leaves in the garden before he came and the disbursement from the rototill was excellent. You need to get you one now that you own a farm! ;)

Henley's watering the garden tonight. So far raddish, peas, beans, cucumber, potatoes have sprouted...waiting on the lettuce and carrots to sprout. The onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers are growing good.

image-1524798363.jpg

image-2945920371.jpg

What??? No one else has posted up there progress yet...hope everyone's garden is doing well. I've got up, potatoes, peas, beans, cucumber, raddish, tomatoes(blooming), bell pepper, and carrots, and onions...I think my lettuce is starting to emerge. The one thing that I really want to grow and it is the last to show itself, I hope it makes it. I also planted sweet pepper by seed but I think it'll take a miracle to get it to come up, cause I later learned they have to be germinated...oops. Oh yeah and I finally got the chicken wire fence finished up....keep them pesky varmints out!

image-2785716118.jpg

image-1810832470.jpg

My plants do not look like they have really grown any taller. I do have some squash and tomatoes on the vines though!

Been meaning to post these for a while, just haven't gotten around to it.

Built some garden boxes this year, 2 3'x10' raised beds with at least 8" depth to 16" depth.

Bringing the wood home
20130316_104848

Building pics:
20130316_154218

Had some help:
20130316_165001

Boxes almost finished:
20130317_195650

Didn't get pics of the planting stage, but here's where we stand now:
20130515_185422

20130515_185438

Our spinach is doing really well, just about ready to harvest the first batch. Several tomato plants, peppers, some snap peas, green beans, and carrots. As an added bonus, we have some pumpkins growing from the compost we mixed in with the topsoil.

Now to run some misting sprinklers down there this weekend.

I planted half the raised bed. Germinating seeds for the rest to plant this weekend! Up north here you are supposed to wait till may long for last chance of frost, I tried to jump the gun though.

Also, planted a jalapeño pepper plant and wintered it indoors, it's starting to flower and produce with more sun and heat again!

image-4030412044.jpg

image-1652791397.jpg

Finally was able to put plants in the ground! :clap: First pic is laying out rows and testing the cherry tomato "trellis" so we can plant at each leg. Yes, I am using the broken POS again this year since it worked excellent last year. The second pic is with 28 tomato plants, 9 bell and jalapeno plants, and a row of green beans. Still haven't put the row of cucumbers in yet but that won't take 15 minutes. The third pick is what I use to plow the garden! That's how I roll, Steve! :grinpimp:

Phoenix60, I'm curious but what is that plant that looks like a penis to the right in that 2nd pic? Your pepper plant looks great!

Garden pics 005.jpg

Garden pics 020.jpg

Garden pics 003.jpg

Phoenix60, I'm curious but what is that plant that looks like a penis to the right in that 2nd pic? Your pepper plant looks great!

Lmfao! Heh, that's a handle on a little shovel. I'm going to have chuckle every time I see it now!

ALK your tiller looks about like mine, has to be 30+ yrs old but it was a hand me down from a friend, runs great every year. ;)

Hung the rack and line today for the peas and cucumber, I've got 6 tomatoes coming in, about 10 blooms on the bell pepper plants. The lettuce and carrots finally started coming up and the potatoes are going gang busters.

image-1320200156.jpg

image-4253873907.jpg

image-2347173504.jpg

Drove a pole to tie the grape to, it's grown 3' since I planted it. The blueberry is coming along and we have a good bit of flowers to put in the ground somewhere. If you are lookin for plants go to the woodruff rd Lowe's they have a major overstock of plants and so they have racks of plants marked down.

image-3151932659.jpg

image-470988456.jpg

Tomatoes are doing well. Everything else is lagging behind. Hit it with manure and miracle grow so we'll see...

ForumRunner_20130601_134906.jpg

ForumRunner_20130601_134920.jpg

ForumRunner_20130601_134933.jpg

Okra has sprouted. Squash, gourds,snow peas are a week or so sprouted.
Pole beans getting ready to grab the poles. Just 10 mater plants this year.
No taters. Just couldn't get them in, in time. Should be able to pick our
first leaf lettuce early next week. Pepper plants and the always herb
garden are about it this year. I miss my taters already .
;-(

I need to take pics I think my original 4 corn plans are getting close to 4ft. cucumbers are getting going as well as tomatoes, other corn, zucchini, squash, watermelon, and some funky looking pumpkins. Bell pepper plans should go in this week as well as a few more tomatoes I am rooting.

We also started getting eggs from the chickens last week, getting 2 a day now, hope to be up to 5 a day in the next week. Really starting to consider putting out place up for sale and looking for 10-50 acres in Abbeville county with or without a home already on it. Also been researching house moving? Like finding an older home and moving it out to the country. Any first hand experience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom