So lets see some THC carb install pictures. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wish i could butthe 60 is nonop right now. You know why. It did run great though. Thinking about it though i got one on the 40 also. Try and get a pic up for you soon on it.

Here's mine with return line.
IMG_0017.jpg

It looks so strange being the only clean new thing under the hood. This was from your first batch. I have been sitting on it forever waiting to install it. I finally did it when I was down at GSMTR a few weeks ago. Took me about 5 minutes to get the idle dialed in and I was testing it on the trails. Very happy with it. :beer:
summer 023.jpg
multi 021.jpg

Last edited:
1987 fj60, desmogged, runs good.
Finish 1.jpg
Finish 2.jpg
Finish 3.jpg

I was going to post this in the "What have you done to your cruiser this week" thread but since it took more like a month....

Before:
image.jpg

After:
image.jpg

Dang bunch of searching for needed parts (much thanks to GA Architect/Offkilter) to put this back together more like original... even surprised myself going beyond my intelligence and ability level by creating my own metal fuel line.

Very nice. If that is the vac line for the dizzy attached to the fuel line you can just route it under the air cleaner straight down to the dizzy.

Very nice. If that is the vac line for the dizzy attached to the fuel line you can just route it under the air cleaner straight down to the dizzy.

Copy that... it is the vac line - speaking of vac lines: I was on the edge of calling you because although truck was idling perfect, I had a heck of a time getting back up my steep driveway on test run... tightened up all the vacuum lines with clamps - problem solved!

Thanks...

so nice. unfortunately it needs to come off because I need to replace the headers with a stock exhaust manifold...

2013-03-03_17-10-20_984.jpg
2013-03-03_17-10-37_731.jpg

20150105_185207.jpg

20150105_185233.jpg

And a video... dont mind the back fire i haven't set the timing or idle rpm yet

@Trollhole

I'm not sure I've got my vac lines correct on the new carb on my FJ60. I'll send you some pictures later, but could you enlighten me on how it should be routed? I'm pretty new to this, so dumb it down for me.

Here's some info on my truck:
  • running headers
  • no HAC (obviously)
  • EVAP system gone (obviously)
  • I have one (untested) VCV coming in the mail - need for dizzy vent?
  • no VTV's
  • A/C idle up from OEM carb now on THC carb
I don't remember how my brake booster and A/C idle up are routed. I'll get pictures. The lower port is routed to the vacuum advance closest to the dizzy. The outer one is plugged.

Edit: Sending this as a PM just in case you miss it here.

Last edited:
On my 87 60 series. The day after I messed up my install by taking too many lines off you helped me talk it through and provided excellent customer service.

A very happy customer and the truck runs great with it.

IMG_1459.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom