Snowrun alert! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We have about 5 inches here in Columbia. Just took the 100 for a drive around town. Unbelievable traction!!!

Pulled one car out of the ditch. A young girl was trying to get home which was appx 15 miles away. I winched her out the ditch and she went back to her friends.

Before that I had to get myself out of a ditch. A front locker would really have helped but I still managed. It got a bit funky but I got out. This was one of the few times my rear locker has outperformed ATRAC. I'm the morning I have to drive about 20 miles to the hospital which could be interesting.

4 solid inches here in Mauldin and it's still snowing.

Roads don't look that bad. Maybe an inch or so on the roads. Roads tomorrow morning are going to be brutal. Supposed to get into the mid 20's tonight.

Pulled one car out of the ditch. A young girl was trying to get home which was appx 15 miles away. I winched her out the ditch and she went back to her friends.

Before that I had to get myself out of a ditch. A front locker would really have helped but I still managed. It got a bit funky but I got out. This was one of the few times my rear locker has outperformed ATRAC. I'm the morning I have to drive about 20 miles to the hospital which could be interesting.

Remember what you told me Steve, no pics... it didn't happen!!! :flipoff2:

j/k

we got a good 3-4" inches which has so kindly turned into ice this am. Man it really sucks when you want to work on your truck and you dont have a garage!

we got a good 3-4" inches which has so kindly turned into ice this am. Man it really sucks when you want to work on your truck and you dont have a garage!

Adam you really need a garage so you can put your cruiser you are restoring in it and then never have the time to work on it. And when you want to work on your other cruisers you are forced to work out in the snow because of the one in the garage.

Got 4-5 inches in mauldin. Roads we slick this morning. The dog had a great time in the snow.
17245_511731370538_146700114_30524163_8303947_n.jpg

about 3-5 inches in my yard around midnight...at 10am after it had melted all morning still had about 3 inches.....still some in grass and yard this afternoon.

First big snow we have had since 1989 after Hugo...

A college roommate of mine is a blogger. He gets into it pretty heavy...this is what he wrote yesterday:

Friday, February 12, 2010

Global Warming Made it Snow

Looks like we're in for the weekend with all the snow coming down here in the South. Obviously God has a sense of humor. It appears that there is going to be a very rare, if not completely unique, weather occurrence this weekend: Snow on the ground in all 50 states.

The global warmongers keep trying to make a case for their junk science. And God keeps making it snow.

Do yourself a favor, if you haven't made it home yet and it looks like you are going to be stuck inside all weekend due to snow in parts of the country where there aren't resources to deal with it; go get yourself Michael Crichton's book "State of Fear." It was published in 2004 and it predicts exactly what we are hearing the global warmongers say today:

If the winter is mild, it's global warming, if the winter is cold, it's global warming.

My only issue is why couldn't it have snowed on a weekday? We still get snow days around here...​

Posted by Driving Blindly at 6:04 PM

I thought it was pretty funny.

Here are three pics of me extracting the F250. Their 4wd was broken and they had an open rear diff. Couple that with the driver not listening to me (stop means stop!) and my FJ pulling itself across the ice towards the truck meant extra fun.

You might be able to tell that I originally was going to pull him a bit to the side. I figured that with his 4wd I could pull his rear end a bit to the driver's side, then get him out of the ditch and up on the road while allowing more room between him and me so he wouldn't get skinny pedal happy and run into me. When I found out his 4wd was broken I moved right behind him and pulled him straight out.
100_0965.jpg
100_0966.jpg
100_0967.jpg

you just earned your wilderness explorers badge for helping stupid people.

you just earned your wilderness explorers badge for helping stupid people.

How about the first girl I helped...she was 18 or so and I believe was trying to get back to her parent's house from her boyfriend's house. She made it less than 1/4 mile before she ended up in the ditch. She only had about 15 more miles to go... :rolleyes:

Girl "Thanks for getting me out, how I can get home!"

Me "You live 15 miles away, the only place you are going is back to your boyfriend's house"

Boyfriend "Yes!"

:bang:

We got 8" here in Augusta offically (3rd most all time)..... sadly I only got about 4" at my house, I live right on the river and I think that cut back on my snow :crybaby:

However the 4" still made for fun pulling the engine out of the FJ62 and stripping it down in preperation for having the body shell picked up on Monday. I am going to attach a photo of the great cruiser head ingenuity displayed by Saucebox the member who picked up my 62 body yesterday, sure beat my idea of each us grabbing a corner and lifting it the old fashion way. I tried to convince him to leave it behind.... I could really use it on my 40 project :grinpimp:
DSC_0669.jpg
DSC_0748.jpg
DSC_0766.jpg

WOWOWOWOW that is great!!

I had almost 5 inches in Charleston in my yard Friday night about 1am....by 10am Saturday it was about 3-4 inches as the melting already started as soon as sun came up. Unfortunately, my rig was in pieces in the shop...so no pics, no playing, nothing but watching snow melt! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom