Snorkel question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just thinking while I was driving in the rain earlier. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the snorkel facing towards the rear of the vehicle rather than to the front, just because rain, dust, ect.
And
Has anyone seen these on eBay
Item # 261072960378

Some snorkel tops are canister style which means they intake from all sides with a top cover. If rain does go down the pipe then the air canister sort it out.

Just thinking while I was driving in the rain earlier. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the snorkel facing towards the rear of the vehicle rather than to the front, just because rain, dust, ect.
And
Has anyone seen these on eBay
Item # 261072960378

The shipping from Malaysia would deter me from purchasing it. But, that's just me. Price is awesome though. I got my Safari Snorkel in my sell/swap deal and really like it. But twice the price of the one your looking at.

I see guys turn the snorkel head around when they get in really dusty environments. I wouldn't worry about the rain IMO.

J

You wanted it pointing toward the front so you get that added 20hp from the RAM-air intake. :)

reevesci said:
The shipping from Malaysia would deter me from purchasing it. But, that's just me. Price is awesome though. I got my Safari Snorkel in my sell/swap deal and really like it. But twice the price of the one your looking at.

I see guys turn the snorkel head around when they get in really dusty environments. I wouldn't worry about the rain IMO.

J

Shipping is included in the price, it seems like a pretty hard deal to beat and they look just like the safari snorkels. One of the listings for a 60, the snorkel even has "safari snorkel" on it.

Last edited:
Shipping is included in the price, it seems like a pretty hard deal to beat and they look just like the safari snorkels. One of the listings for a 60, the snorkel even has "safari snorkel" on it.

Yes I understand and saw the free shipping but, just in general from Malaysia.. lots can happen to your shipment. I've had BAD LUCK with out of country transactions. You might be lucky and have a great experience. Just my .02

J

Yes I understand and saw the free shipping but, just in general from Malaysia.. lots can happen to your shipment. I've had BAD LUCK with out of country transactions. You might be lucky and have a great experience. Just my .02

J

Understood, I'm going to order one and see what happens, all the feedback on the snorkels seem good. I will post up when I get it.

Understood, I'm going to order one and see what happens, all the feedback on the snorkels seem good. I will post up when I get it.
Could you PM me after you get yours and let me know how it looks?

Definitely interested to see what it ends up looking like and how well it mounts up compared to a Safari snorkel as well.

I bought some screen protectors for my wife's phone on Amazon a few months back out of Malaysia. Worked just fine but took over a month to get here, lol.

Ebay's guarantees are pretty awesome. I have a friend who's over that aspect of the company and he said they have been putting policies in place to guarantee your purchase. I'm curious about your experience too, if it's a good snorkel I'd love to get one.

ARB and Safari make "fish bowl" style pre-cleaners, I believe. Lot of guys run those.

It may make more sense to run the stock scoop backwards, but I just can't abide by how goofy it looks. Seems to me that any water that gets in there will be evaporated by air travel before it gets anywhere near the air filter, much less the carb.

Ordered! Estimated delivery is first part of next week, I will post pictures.

If those are the ones sold by jdm-motorparts, I believe they are the same that Jzilla got. I helped him install it ( it only took 3 days to get to Canada) and it is a really nice piece of gear. Thick polyethylene construction with brass nutserts for mounting. Take some time to figure out the enclosed layout template, (and remove the radio antenna on the fender ( temporarily) to let you lay it out flat) Tape the drilling template securely to the fender, and away you go. We found that the third fender bolt mount ( farthest aft, towards the door frame) should not be used, it is right in way of an internal body flange and cannot be used ( cannot get a bolt in).so don't drill your fender there! You can easily get at the others with the windshield washer reservoir removed. You may need to do a bit of file work on the holes to get the final alignment perfect, but it was an easy job, all considered!
Looks good, works well and a great price!

Snorkel + Rain = No Problem

I've had the Safari Snorkel on for several years and run it rain, snow and dust without any moisture getting into the filter. Due to the routing of the tubing and a small indent in the SS tubing any small amount of water would get trapped and evaporate. You shouldn't have any problems.

Good luck with your order. Post up pix as you install.....the first hole/cut is the toughest!!!
2008 Colorado Trip 091.jpg

Ordered 7/31/12 from malaysia and its now in transit from anchorage. So far so good.

Show up yet?

I've seen a few here in Venezuela and they look really good! A friend of mine has one on a XJ and he is really happy with it and the way it's manufactured seems really good quality and even comes with the same parts as the safari! Even the materials look pretty decent... the only diference is that they're made in china i think

Any update here?

Sorry for the delay in this thread, showed up on the 7th and it is built very well, I have no complaints what so ever.
Currently cutting and welding the original air filter housing to "pull" from the passenger side where the snorkel enters the fender.
I have been taking pictures of the air cleaner modding and will post them along with pics from the rest of the install when complete.

Sounds good, thanks for the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom