Snorkel for GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sure!
The snorkel head turns 360 degrees, just hold in place by a hose clamp.
You even could replace it with a cyclone pre filter.
I guess that would help with water in the air intake thanks for the reply man

I run the lenzdesign and a Prinsu roof rack. The wind fairing and the passager side side bar did interfere with the snorkel. I cut a template from cardboard and transferred the clearance to the roofrack. 5 minutes with a jig saw and it looks like it was designed to work together.
That part of the rack doesn't support weight so I'm not worried about losing carrying capacity.
Now I have my snorkel, sun shade rack and tent.

I run the lenzdesign and a Prinsu roof rack. The wind fairing and the passager side side bar did interfere with the snorkel. I cut a template from cardboard and transferred the clearance to the roofrack. 5 minutes with a jig saw and it looks like it was designed to work together.
That part of the rack doesn't support weight so I'm not worried about losing carrying capacity.
Now I have my snorkel, sun shade rack and tent.
Nice have a pic of it?

I would go eBay for a standard style or go all out and get the lenzdesign for the bonus looks.
I couldn’t pull the trigger. This will be the first summer with the GX. We shall see how much off-roading we will do with our daughter who is 2. Only one trip planned so far. We will be doing a lot of camping though, no need for a snorkel for that.

Is the eBay one the same as the Watusi one on Amazon? Everyone says the Amazon is the a great snorkel. Curious if the eBay one is the same.

Anyone able to post the tricks they used to install? I have the Watusi from amazon/china.. but its just decoration at the moment since I could not for the life of me get the inner rubber piece and the inner plastic piece to mate up and therefore finish the install...

I trimmed the outlet from the main snorkel body... but after three multi hour cursing fests I couldn't get them to connect...

Super tough to get your hands in there and work the hose clamps...

Any install ideas/memories would be GREATLY appreciated.

I have a Lensdesign snorkel in route to me now and will shortly have a new roof rack design going on my GX. This particular rack design is full length but the faring should land behind the snorkel inlet. We will find out soon enough.

We had to modify the RR so the Lenzdesign Snorkel would fit correctly. Not a big deal, just some fabrication.

Anyone able to post the tricks they used to install? I have the Watusi from amazon/china.. but its just decoration at the moment since I could not for the life of me get the inner rubber piece and the inner plastic piece to mate up and therefore finish the install...

I trimmed the outlet from the main snorkel body... but after three multi hour cursing fests I couldn't get them to connect...

Super tough to get your hands in there and work the hose clamps...

Any install ideas/memories would be GREATLY appreciated.

Do you have any pictures of the problem?

A picture of my rack and snorkel was requested a bit ago. Sorry for the delay.

It's a Prinsu rack and Lenzdesign snorkel.

20190318_083010.jpg

20190318_083041.jpg

A picture of my rack and snorkel was requested a bit ago. Sorry for the delay.

It's a Prinsu rack and Lenzdesign snorkel.

View attachment 1930712

View attachment 1930713
That is clean. Nicely done. So as I wait for my Lenzdesign to arrive I have had a few people ask me about concerns over rain and snow getting in there. How has it been for you and have you had any issues?

I did the Wotefusi snorkel from Amazon, had it about a year, zero problems. Take that with a grain of salt since I'm in Arizona. But I have taken the truck through quite a few water crossings. The snorkel has held up fine.

I did the Wotefusi snorkel from Amazon, had it about a year, zero problems. Take that with a grain of salt since I'm in Arizona. But I have taken the truck through quite a few water crossings. The snorkel has held up fine.View attachment 1932929
How was the install? Did it come with a pattern that worked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom