Snorkel for GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What snorkel kits are you all using for your GX470? I see a lot of LC100 kits on ebay for less than $100. Do those fit or can you make them fit? I did a search but nothing really applies to the GX.

Prado 120. Many have done the eBay kit. I did an iron man

Dobison snorkel

PSX_20190301_223552.jpg

In my opinion the LenzDesign snorkel looks the best. Depending on where you wheel, a branch could catch the “other” design and pull it off the truck if thick enough. Lenz sits nicely flush with the roof.

How does the LenzDesign do in the rain, with the water coming up the windshield?
There’s a few people that installed it reporting dry air boxes while driving in heavy rain; one person deliberately spraying it with a garden hose. I wouldnt try that though.
In my mind it’s a better design since Water would have to enter, take a left so to speak and only then travel down to the air box.

But there’s plenty of other snorkels installed that fare well so I dont think there’s a problem with a specific brand, I just happen to like this more since it doesn’t look so intrusive and it would be harder for a hater to pour down a bottle of water down the pipe. I don’t have it installed yet but it’s on the list.

Could interfere with low fitting racks or wind deflectors though, and also possibly LED bar mounts so if you are mounting something like that might want to double check on this snorkel or go with a different design to accommodate your needs.

Last edited:
Could interfere with low fitting racks or wind deflectors though, and also possibly LED bar mounts so if you are mounting something like that might want to double check on this snorkel or go with a different design to accommodate your needs.
This was my first thought as well. It looks like it sits back far enough on the roof that a Gobi, Gamiviti, or “Prinsu type” wind deflector would not fit.

This was my first thought as well. It looks like it sits back far enough on the roof that a Gobi, Gamiviti, or “Prinsu type” wind deflector would not fit.
I have a Lensdesign snorkel in route to me now and will shortly have a new roof rack design going on my GX. This particular rack design is full length but the faring should land behind the snorkel inlet. We will find out soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom