Smoke coming from carb? Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Hello I’ve noticed this morning some smoke coming out of the carb area. It is a bit concerning to say the least. Is there an area this commonly occurred from? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I’ve attached a video if that helps.

I’m not sure how long this has been going on for just noticed it today.

Check for fuel leaks. The exhaust manifold is directly under the carb. Any gas leaks at the carb will run down onto the intake / exhaust manifold and burn off. A good place to start is to check your carb hold-down studs/nuts to make sure they have not loosened up, causing a leak between the carb and intake manifold.

Check for fuel leaks. The exhaust manifold is directly under the carb. Any gas leaks at the carb will run down onto the intake / exhaust manifold and burn off. A good place to start is to check your carb hold-down studs/nuts to make sure they have not loosened up, causing a leak between the carb and intake manifold.
I’ll take a look at that thanks

Could be a leaky valve cover gasket too. What does it smell like? Gas, or burning oil?
No odor that I’ve noticed. My truck just always smells like oil to be honest haha. I’ll pay closer attention to that when I start it up again

Smoke wasn’t coming out of the carb. Something is burning on the exhaust manifold.

I bolted down the line from the pump to the carb and the two bolts under the eye. The line from the pump was not loose but had about 1/2 a turn to tighten. It seems like maybe some gas was running down to the exhaust manifold because I don’t see any smoke anymore for now.

I appreciate you guys so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom