Builds SLOW 71 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scrapdaddy

Standing on the corner
SILVER Star
Threads
IMG_1225.jpg
IMG_1223.jpg

Just a test

IMG_1224.jpg

Last edited:
You have NO idea how much I dislike you

:flipoff2:

Looks great

The frame had so many extra holes in it, I went ahead and fish plated it inside and out. I welded in DOM tubing for the power steering and had to modify the Ford shock mounts. I haven't decided which engine to put in yet, it will have the H55 5 speed with a split case transferand a PTO running the winch.

You really know how to make people hate you

Keep it coming

Here's some of the power steering set up.
IMG_1184.jpg
IMG_1197.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to clean up the firewall, also, so started filling in the holes. I'm going with a vintage air system, so I closed in the blower holes and starting over.
IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Bob,

Yes I build it, getting too old to lay under it and work. It's so much nicer, to be able to stand and scrape! The out side of the body was repainted years ago, but the bottom wasn't touched. I figured while it was all apart, might as well get at it.

I'm working on cleaning up the underside now, alot sand and old undercoating to get off.

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

Last edited:
you definitely suck cause you really haven't put up enough pics yet:flipoff2:

You passed the test!

Looks good! Can't wait to see more.
Thanks, that's about where I'm at right now, I work slow. Once, I get the bottom finished, I'll start on the axles. They're FJ60's with 3.70's in them. I want to rebuild with 4.11's and some sort of locker. I don't have alot of parts yet and not even sure what all I need. One step at a time.
Everybody here, has been a great help, just by me reading all the old posts. I'll have alot of questions in the future, so get ready for some dumb ones!
Thanks Everybody, Ron

WOW ramp up the jealosy

Scrapdaddy, you have no idea how cool that all looks. I dream of being able to do some of that work! Thanks for sharing and giving ideas.

How much for the rotisserie when you're done with the project? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom