Pigster Buildup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It is time for me to start my buildup thread. I live in Vermont where any pig was toast about 6 years after it was new. I had already bought a Fj40 from Arizona that was rust free and I knew that was a good place to look. One morning on my daily lookover of EBAY I spotted one. A 75, very straight and rust free, buy it now for $550- What? something wrong? I looked it over and hit the buy it now button. That was last October and high fuel prices and huge transport bill but that was okay because it was so clean. Here are some pics when it was delivered.
DSCN0173.jpg
DSCN0175.jpg
DSCN0176.jpg

Strip the body

I disassembled the entire truck and stripped the body to bare metal
DSCN0738.jpg
DSCN0739.jpg
DSCN0741.jpg

More bare shots

It is very straight and rust free. more shots
DSCN0743.jpg
DSCN0742.jpg
DSCN0745.jpg

IPOR Rockers

The rockers had a few pinholes so I put on a set of lances rockers
DSCN0739.jpg
DSCN0743.jpg

Axles

I am putting on a set of 60axles. I decided to outboard the spring perches. I had Lance at IPOR build me a set of new perches. he sure did a nice job on them. They are just tacked in and i will weld them in once I get all the weight in to make sure that the shackle angles are right. I have a set of 60 series Dakar springs and a MAF ubolt flip kit
DSCN0769.jpg
DSCN0771.jpg

Paint

We painted it with arcrylic enamel. Rustic Green and Cygnus white
DSCN0772.jpg
DSCN0764.jpg

a few more

a few more
DSCN0767.jpg
DSCN0773.jpg

Whats next

These are my plans
1-2" body lift
1HZ diesel with aHF55
engine turbo
full floater rear
Toyota power take off winch
fab my own front and rear bumpers
total rewire with new instuments
AC
leather Chrysler Sebring convertible seats(front) with seat belts in the head rest

A pic of the engine
DSCN0774.jpg

That piggy is going to be the shizzle. Whats the specs on the 1HZ diesel as far as hp and torque.That is a cool mod and a cool truck.

Nice work so far :cheers:...1hz and hf55...definitely the shizzle. Keep the progress pics coming :beer:

1HZ is 135hp and 187 torque. turbo and intercooler should add about 25% more. The next step is to install engine, lift off the body, install rearend, aussie gas tank and fj60 power steering box, then take it apart and paint the frame

Looking forward to watching this build. Looks awesome!

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom