Builds SLOW 71 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Battery and charger finally made here, now my brain has to go to work and wire this all up. It seems to fit pretty good there, definitely 30 pounds. The charger has to be mounted somewhere, too.

IMG_4540.JPG

IMG_4543.JPG

More to come!

Curious why you went this route vs Yeti Zero or similar that could be portable? Also, did you get the heated version … just wondering why so heavy. I’ve got two Lion Energy UT1300s that are just under 23lbs each. BattleBorn makes a great product though -

Curious why you went this route vs Yeti Zero or similar that could be portable?
Good question and I don't have a good answer. I didn't need it portable, just thought putting something together with top notch components was the way to go. It's not a heated battery and I thought those batteries were lighter, too.

I was surprised by the weight too. I was thinking tho. The Optima battery is only a 50-60 AH battery IIRC. You are putting in a 100 ah battery. I bet a 100 AH AGM would weight about a half a Miata. The batteries we were buying for my crews were a 40 AH and they are light. Probably why I was shocked at the 31 lbs.

And it would take two to give a useable 100AH with the AGM chemistry.....
Exactly. That is why we went lifepo4. You only get 50% use out of an agm and run the risk of bricking it if you go lower. 300 life cycles vs 2000-10000 on lifepo. I have a hard time seeing a drawback.

You only get 50% use out of an agm and run the risk of bricking it if you go lower.
I think I ruined one of my Optima batteries running the frig. It went flat a couple times and after that something wasn't right with it. Hopefully now with the new battery and having it dedicated solely to the frig. we shouldn't have anymore problems.

"Pigs get fat...Hogs get slaughtered." Frequently said in the financial world according to my late brother, the money whiz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom