Builds SLOW 71 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, the whole truth of the trip. We're home now with the trip cut short. You ever plan a, let's call it a purchasing trip and try to make it into a adventure trip. Well, it started out bad the morning we left with one of our goats ripping it's ear length wise all the way down. Blood everywhere, total mess. After that mess it seemed fate was against us.

Good news is the bandsaw I bought is in great shape and comes with a surprise. Pulling into the man's drive the first thing he says is, what a nice iron pig! He knows what a 55 is and says he used to own a 40, so I mention MUD and that's how he sold his 40, nice guy with a great shop!

Bad news is everything else fell apart. We did drive the Blue Ridge Parkway for the day, beautiful views, but it seemed different than I remember 30 years ago, too many people. Since we weren't camping I had to find a motel and that meant heading back up to highway 40. You ever get one of those looks that says " I'm done and want to go home now" and agree with her. Two rain storms later we made it home.

Really bad news is no pictures, so this it, my new bandsaw...:) Sorry!

View attachment 2369721

View attachment 2369726

View attachment 2369727
another day, when things are better

only you will see fit to share pics when you’re good and ready

Got that right. :) First I need to find a spot in the shop, total mess. I did get a cool roller stand for it, so I can pull it out hiding when needed.

Last edited:
Ok, I got it out of the trailer, she lost some of it's gear oil, no problems. It needs a good detailing and I forgot to order some metal blades.

IMG_4023.JPG

Boy! I just love the look of that thing with that trailer behind it! Thanks for the fix. It helps me keep the image of mine finished fresh in my head.
Congrats on the new saw! I am stoking on my Wagg/portaban set up. I can only imagine the level of your stoke!
Nothing like pulling the tractor out to help your cause. A tractor!
You guys have it all!

I changed the oil and cleaned it today, runs smooth! I need to get some metal blades and find a place to put it. That front end loader is my right hand man around the farm. You can't always wait for somebody to show up to help, my wife helps a lot, but she charges too much! :)

My wife surprised me with a Grizzly band saw a few Santas ago. It probably is not as sweet as yours but it does a good job. I just forget I have it and use hand tools too much sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom