Builds SLOW 71 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Ron, sorry to put this thread back on topic. Did your Vorteq come with return-less fuel system or do you have pressure and return line?

1594772600187.png

Jeez, guys. One thread full of complaining comments is enough. Can we spare repeating tired complaints throughout the entire forum?

Would it be alright with everybody if I just answer Doomers question, too much pressure! :) and yes it is a return-less system. I use a corvette fuel filter that also regulates the pressure. The return comes back from the filter to the tank. I mounted the filter back by the tank, so there's just a short return run to the tank.

Oh yeah I forgot....

IMG_4027.JPG

Would it be alright with everybody if I just answer Doomers question, too much pressure! :) and yes it is a return-less system. I use a corvette fuel filter that also regulates the pressure. The return comes back from the filter to the tank. I mounted the filter back by the tank, so there's just a short return run to the tank.

Oh yeah I forgot....

View attachment 2372275
you only have 8 toes?!

Oh yeah I forgot....

View attachment 2372275
@PabloCruise gonna be jealous 🤪 and he gonna que Barry White 😉👍😎

Thank you, Ron. I do remember talk about the Corvette filters. That looks like and easier route than opening up my tank, again! And fiddlefarting with another pump assembly.

My 2004 LQ4 motor requires @ 53 or 58 pounds of fuel pressure which the filter sets. I'm not sure about the one you have, probably the same.

So, the guy I bought the motor from, said it was a 2003 Silverado 5.3. All my weberneting tells me they didnt start returnless fuel till 04. Maybe it was an early 04 truck, I dont know.

A big shout out for Patrick at Bowfin Cruisers | Michigan, USA if it wasn't for his fast effort to get this roof rack to me, I would be towing the trailer to the 2020 Pig Party. I bought a new tent (Oztent RV5) and she's a loooong one, so I had to have a rack, because it's not going inside.

IMG_4031.JPG

Got the rack within days and was really taken back on how it was packed, A piece of plywood ran the whole length, no UPS dude was messing this package up...

IMG_4034.JPG

It took a few beers to bolt it together and everything went where it was designed to go, which is always a bonus.

IMG_4036.JPG

We put it on the roof with two guys, but should of used four, one on each corner. One of the coolest features for me is a roller mounted in the back for rolling up a canoe or in my case the tent. I have to figure out tie down points with all the different brackets you can get and the tie downs can mount anywhere on the cross bars making it super easy to adjust to whatever you throw up there. Anyway, here you go, getting ready for PP20! :clap:

IMG_4041.JPG

IMG_4043.JPG

^^^^ @dogfishlake is top notch indeed as are his racks. Guy of high integrity that I am blessed to know. No trailer is huge difference! You piggy is amazing. Pat is wearing me down to get one😩.

I can't quite tell from the photos but does it have a side rail that almost touches the roof?

Thanks guys, I'm really happy how it turned out. The side rails fit down in the rain gutter and that way takes the load evenly down the whole side. A very cool design. The front air dam sits an 1/8th or so up from the body, which is adjustable.

Let me add, the cross bars are @ 3/4" off the crown of the roof and there is very little flex in the bars.

Last edited:
At first, I thought that this type of rack would look too modern for a pig, but damn if that doesn't look good! I like how the tent bag straps match the truck. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom