Slee's 4" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your truck looks great![/QUOTE]

I have to agree, and it gets the wife seal of approval as well. Very balanced look with 315's.

For Christo or anyone running the 4 inch lift.

Can you please comment on a total cost of the lift, done right.
Alot say the 6 inch is going to take about 4k all said and done, gears included.
Is the 4 inch similar or alot less?

What about having a Limiting strap in the front? Would that have been any different than the retaining clamp on the spring?

Sam

Brandon,
When I spoke to Ben at Slee, I think he said the 4 and 6 require basically the same parts.

Cruiserhead05 said:

Alot say the 6 inch is going to take about 4k all said and done, gears included.

What I have into it right now:

front springs---------200.00
rear springs----------200.00
front shocks----------165.00
rear shocks-----------165.00
front sway drops------41.00
rear sway drops-------41.00

total--------------------812.00 + shipping

then add some sort of caster correction slee's is 139.00 + shipping

I honestly doubt I'll touch the panhards

then there is the cost of tires and gearing and bumpstop blocks which would be about the same for each lift.

and lastly extended brake lines. and possibly a double cardon driveshaft or 2

FirstToy said:
Brandon,
When I spoke to Ben at Slee, I think he said the 4 and 6 require basically the same parts.

If done correctly, they cost the same...i cant totally understand going with the 4 inch then. Seems like you might as well do 6 if you get into it that much.

I guess it kind of depends on how much you wish to do. 6 inch requires 700/800 dollar front control arms while 4 inch only needs caster plates.

The rear pinion angle will more than likely need to be addressed with shorter upper and/or longer lower arms on the 6" lift.

I have talked to Christo number of times about 4" lift vs 6" lift. He told me, the only differences are the springs. It comes with every thing else as in 6" kit. So if you want to go 6", simply buy the 6" springs, swap'em out with your 4" ones and you're done.

Cruiserhead05 said:

If I spend less time on Mud, I might get the website update done.

Corrections that need to be made to suspension components are the same for 4" and 6". However we spec the caster plates for the 4" lift and not the arms. Also with 4" people might choose to ignore stuff like the panhards and the effects might not be so obvious as with the 6".

However the 4" is recommended for people that want good clearance for 315's and does a lot of highway driving. Both kits drive good on the road, but a 4" lifted truck is just less to handle on a daily bases. People that want to push true 35's and bigger go for the 6".

In short, if it is a toy, go for 6" and play hard, if it is the family hard core wagon, go for 4".

landtank said:
Nope, these are his 4" coils. Way early on I had concluded that my perfect lift would be a 4" one. And after many years of want Christo came through :cheers: .

oh right on ... do the 4" coils come in medium and hard spring rates as well?

where are they on Slee´s site?

Ahhh, nice looking Moonglow Pearl! :D

The next time I'm in Boston for work, I'll be looking for a ride in your baby. I want to compare the ride quality between our Pearls before plunking down the $$.

Question: Can you fit in a 7' garage door?

Ali

-uhuru- said:
oh right on ... do the 4" coils come in medium and hard spring rates as well?

where are they on Slee´s site?

As Christo said, he's still updating his website.

Like I have said now several times. I have the Slee 6" with 315's and fit just fine in my 7' garage door with 3-4" to spare. That is without the roof rack, and currently still don't have my rear slee bumper / tire carrier and spare tire...so the back is very light, and it still fits.

Without the rack on the trucks height at the rear is 82", with the rack you would most likely scrape on a 7' door.

clarkrw3, something is wrong with your calculations, hopefully you have an 8' door.

Landtank No my calculations are not wrong. I have measured several times before the lift to see if it would work and it is 7' I am 6'4" so I would know if it was 8'. stock with no lift and stock tires I had 11" of clearance without the rack. Then you add 6" lift and 2.5" tires so about 9" so I have maybe 2" of clearance maybe not 3-4" but close and that is with the rear spoiler on as well.

I went over and over the measurements before I got the lift because everyone kept telling me it wouldn't fit....but as my measurements proved before the lift it does. wouldn't with the rack, however.

Actually the tires are about 34" when measured with weight so clearance is problably about 3" or 3.25". but my door retracts all the way past the opening.

sleeoffroad said:
If I spend less time on Mud, I might get the website update done.

Corrections that need to be made to suspension components are the same for 4" and 6". However we spec the caster plates for the 4" lift and not the arms. Also with 4" people might choose to ignore stuff like the panhards and the effects might not be so obvious as with the 6".

However the 4" is recommended for people that want good clearance for 315's and does a lot of highway driving. Both kits drive good on the road, but a 4" lifted truck is just less to handle on a daily bases. People that want to push true 35's and bigger go for the 6".

In short, if it is a toy, go for 6" and play hard, if it is the family hard core wagon, go for 4".

Christo,

Thanks for the very complete answer. Exactly what i needed to hear.

wow, that stuff of yours up front sure weighs a lot. You're only at 2.5" lift over stock based on your hub to flare number, far from the 4" nominal... )

is that higher than the 850+spacer was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom