Single-row LED light bar install for OEM LX470 bumper (2003+)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've spent two days looking while I "worked" and that is the smallest bar I can find. It's $57 on ebay, so I'm picking one up because I think it can be mounted where it sits flush behind the bumper.
US New 108W 37inch Spot Flood Combo Beam Work Light Bar Waterproof Slim Cree LED

I also picked up a $43 50" bar and $35 windshield brackets for my '89 wrangler . I may have a problem. :steer:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1CWXVGOGSCXSJ

Any update on fitting that single row led bar in the lower grille?

This looks sensational and is not only aesthetic but so practical too.

While we are on the topic of LX lights, I thought maybe I would ask. Is anyone else's LX low beam incredibly s***? Like hardly better than a candle? High beam is sensational but low beam is almost too dull to drive. I am wondering if this is just age and diminishment of if just genuinely bad?

Mine are bad. They're bright standing in front but in rain/snow they don't throw anything visible on the road. I'll be retrofitting mine but am also looking into doing light bars in the bumper. Either in the two grille between the fogs or the lower one if the above plan worked for Bamabrock.

Any update on fitting that single row led bar in the lower grille?

Mine are bad. They're bright standing in front but in rain/snow they don't throw anything visible on the road. I'll be retrofitting mine but am also looking into doing light bars in the bumper. Either in the two grille between the fogs or the lower one if the above plan worked for Bamabrock.
No. I've put it off because I bought the TJM hidden winch mount instead which I'm going to finally get around to installing over the holiday weekend. If there isn't room after the winch install, I'll install one behind the grille
OEM Bumper Winch Mount

I don't, but I can!

I would appreciate it! After doing my HID retrofit my low beams are so good that my high beams aren't doing much. Would like something to throw light further down the road but don't have a bumper to mount driving lights and I don't like the look of them on a stock bumper.. thinking a light bar may do the trick but can't decide if I want to go with one in the bumper or one in front of the first crossbar on the roof rack

IMG_3851.JPG

IMG_3852.JPG

I've got a 30" straight double row that I want to try and fit in the upper slots but going to cut the license plate holder out to do it. I already had the bar so it may not be the best fit but we will see.

I've got a 30" straight double row that I want to try and fit in the upper slots but going to cut the license plate holder out to do it. I already had the bar so it may not be the best fit but we will see.

make sure you dry fit it if you can or at least look behind the bumper and visualize how it's going to go in. There are some pretty beefy brackets on either side of the radiator that hold that bumper core on. 30 inches though SHOULD be able to go right in the middle without running into problems. as always, good luck and show us how it turns out!

make sure you dry fit it if you can or at least look behind the bumper and visualize how it's going to go in. There are some pretty beefy brackets on either side of the radiator that hold that bumper core on. 30 inches though SHOULD be able to go right in the middle without running into problems. as always, good luck and show us how it turns out!
I just did a dry fit last night actually. I'm not sure how it's going to look because it doesn't go all the way across the opening but I was thinking about getting a couple cubes to fit on. Org ends of my light bar. I believe my light is 21" not 30", I'll try and measure it tonight and find out. Ive had it for so long just sitting that I can't remember. It will fit but with my current brackets the light sits about an inch too high. I found some adjustable height light bar brackets from rough country for $30 last night while poking around online so I think I'm going to make the order tonight and then while I'm waiting on the brackets to come in I'll go ahead and wire everything up in the truck so all I have to do is mount the light once the bracket comes in.

Been slacking. Haven't had time to install the switch or write anything up yet but the brackets came in so I did a quick test and now it sits to low which is fine because it's easier to raise the light bar then it is to lower it. I'll post a before and after. I still have to cut the bumper to open the center up.

IMG_0931.JPG

IMG_1007.JPG

Buddy at work put a bar behind the mesh in the lower portion of his first gen Sequoia...very slick. I'll get a pic in January.

What's the difference between the LX and the LC? Same depth measurements with different cosmetics I presume?

is there any reason why this wouldn't work on a 2000 LX? did they change the bumper cut outs or something?

i was about to pull the trigger on these but noticed that i have a 2000, i don't see why it wouldn't work the cut outs look the same to me...

i'm trying to order the lights from page one that @danielharrow bought on amazon the two 12 inch double row light bars for like $25 a pop.

help?

I just got Rigid Dullie 3x2 cubes to install this weekend. I live closer to the ocean so moisture is always in the air. Extra peace of mind w/ the lifetime warranty if they ever fog up plus comes with a nice wiring kit. Seemed like a good deal at half off normal prices from other vendors. I'll post pics once they are mounted.. I have a 2001

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q1RSGUM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

you ever get this done mate? really need to work on my lighting and trying to figure out what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom