Shocks for my 2000 Land Cruiser, I am so confused (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I need to change out the front shocks on my 2000 Land Cruiser. I have been looking and I think I want to buy some bilsteins. But the problem is which one?

I see bilstein b6, b4, and 5610. I think I want the b4 because it is supposed to have a smooth ride. But I don’t see anything when I search for that.

Then if I look for b6 everything comes up with other model cars.

And 5610 there are variations from 46mm to 55mm, I have no idea what that means.

Can someone help with some clarification for me? My Land Cruiser is stock, no lifts or anything.

Honestly just get new OEM shocks. They are like $50 each and will serve you well.

X2. Unless you need additional dampening for heavy aftermarket accessories just go with OEM shocks from the dealer. My '04 had bilsteins on it when I bought it. One of the rears broke shortly after and I went with OEM all around. No complaints, I'd do it again. They work fine with mild lifts too, I'm running OME rear springs and torison bars cranked about ~1.5" over stock ride height.

Sounds good. I am going to get the OEM shocks. They are way way way cheaper
Might want to think about getting the new rubber bits for the top of the OEM shock as well. I don't remember but I feel like it wasn't much more $$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom