Builds Shipwreck (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bodywork
r0cpBt0.jpg

FAns0zrh.jpg

not done but closer

For those who wonder whether or not my actions are limited to suspension designs that will flip at 60 mph (not yet, but there is still hope that the boat boys will be right)... I have proof that bad decisions are not limited to builds
sjoKcylh.jpg

of course it's not stock, stock is WAY too reliable. 2009 CRF450r, higher compression, hotter cam, better exhaust, tuned, etc., etc., etc. and blah blah, blah blah....

I learned something... I'll share. This is not a complaint - simply knowledge so that you can make informed decisions on suppliers.

I ordered parts from an ebay vendor who claimed the part was in stock and ready to ship.
It wasn't, matter of fact, after 2 weeks of waiting, I sent an email to them saying "whatzup"
They responded with "oh, that's out of stock, did we not mention this to you? our bad" they then opined that it might be in stock in 1-2 weeks (now their ad says 3 weeks from today).
I responded that they had a more expensive part (an additional feature) and I needed the part now - so I'd pay the difference I just need it now.*
No response.
Finally the last day for them to deliver passes. I ask for a refund.
Crickets.
Send a note to Ebay....

okay so here is the warning point....

Ebay makes you wait another week before they will intervene... if they do, it's another week to get a refund through them.

If you can wait or if the deal is awesome - fantastic, however, that fine print may cause you to need to look at other options.

Again, not complaining - I'm certain that neither the vendor or ebay wish to have an annoyed customer.

*sidenote to vendors - if you're sending a 'whoops' or 'don't have' email, offer a refund because it's not going to get better from here.

While I've been on that situation several times .. IMHO con eBay at least, sellers with 100% ( or close to like 99.9% ) positive feedback are far more worried about customer satisfaction .. so they proceed accordingly ..

You might ask the vendor if you can post negative feedback since they are ignoring you and didn’t offer to make it right. That might light a fire.

While I've been on that situation several times .. IMHO con eBay at least, sellers with 100% ( or close to like 99.9% ) positive feedback are far more worried about customer satisfaction .. so they proceed accordingly ..

You might ask the vendor if you can post negative feedback since they are ignoring you and didn’t offer to make it right. That might light a fire.

The threshold to be banned due to negative feedback is very low - often this strategy works. My brother had a low volume eBay business (limited transactions). He had a few negative reviews when some shipments were delayed because he was on a business trip. His rating went below 95% and despite his best efforts eBay would not reopen it.

With all of your tools you are getting close to needing a bigger shop. I noticed a larger building uphill from your current shop, you should convert it. :)

With all of your tools you are getting close to needing a bigger shop. I noticed a larger building uphill from your current shop, you should convert it. :)

the funny part is this - the '40 won't fit through the door of that other building. I wish it could but even with a run at it; I don't think it's gonna fit. Which brings me to the boring cars - they fit, but they need motors to get up the hill.... which is what I'm working on now.

That said, the '40 can sit outside, I put the top back on.... we might get an indian summer but I think our topless weather is gone.... thankfully the trollhole top rolls up (which, next top, those panels will completely come off via zippers)....

Was that a plasma table you posted up in June? Review notes?

Was that a plasma table you posted up in June? Review notes?
works great, was a slight challenged setting up the chinese plasma, took some time to build the stainless pan, getting an upgrade to the new 48x24 setup.... I have several projects that are working to being a good demonstration... at this point I've cut two test parts and it worked as advertised.

It's always struck me as funny the difference between internet reaction and in-person reaction. I had to put the top on because I've given up on topless this year.... so snapped a couple pictures
Y6CZfRW.jpg

C4GYidz.jpg

what is funny is the opposed reaction that some had on here vs. people who have seen this in real life....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom