Shackles --advantage -vs- disadvantage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've seen many differant types of shackles an was wanting to hear from you all about what types you like an the advantage.
an the types you think cause a disadvantage. with greasable/non greasable ....?????
I'm thinking of putting on 2 1/2 extreme shackles from specter an while I'm at it put in new bushings. so far my 40 is all stock

It depends on a lot of things.

If you want quieter go with rubber bushings (vibration reasons)
If you want more flex go with rubber bushings
If you want longevity and less body roll go with poly bushings
If you want increased articulation go with teraflex revolver style shackles
Greasable have some pros and some cons according to a lot of people. The greasable are great unless except they do trap dirt and grit which......
A lot of people go with boomerang style shackles but it is only necessary if you have clearance problems which I wouldnt think you would with stock shackles.
If you want lift go longer shackles but beware the longer you go the further they will hang down in the front of your cruiser.
Have you thought about springs for lift instead??? I know it is more money but??

was running greasables until the rear bolts broke, not very strong if you are going to wheel it

depends upon normal trail riding vs rock crawling, depends upon what spring assemblies you have and how flexable they are. For normal trail riding I would not want something like our Cantilever shackles. They open up to ridiculous lengths, simply not needed, and too expensive for normal trail use. Downey or Skyjacker 4" springs are probably the flexiest, but with them I would prefer a stock to 1" longer heavy duty shackle, not 2.5" longer shackles.

thanks for all the input guys, I was just curious what some people thought. I'm now gonna get a set of 1 1/2 in. my rig will pretty much be a pavement hauler an huntin/fishn maybe a little muddn..
I thought about gettn a lift or doin a spring over an or a reverse shackle.
it really helps to be able to surf around an see some picks of rigs an get an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom