Seeking engine for 1966 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased a 1966 FJ40 at auction originally restored by Toyoda Restauraciones in Venezuela and imported. Beautiful truck with attention to detail in all body work, authentic bits and working Nippon AC. The engine bay was very clean but the motor is shot with lots of short cuts taken. Need a new block with crank shaft. Would like to keep original if possible with F135 motor. Any sources for motor in reasonable condition? Thank you!

I purchased a 1966 FJ40 at auction originally restored by Toyoda Restauraciones in Venezuela and imported. Beautiful truck with attention to detail in all body work, authentic bits and working Nippon AC. The engine bay was very clean but the motor is shot with lots of short cuts taken. Need a new block with crank shaft. Would like to keep original if possible with F135 motor. Any sources for motor in reasonable condition? Thank you!

what auction? how you didn't spend too much
how about some pics? crap, I think you need 10 posts to post pics or a star.
seeing some of the SA imports, I'd worry about a lot more than the engine.
finding a good F135 is not going to be easy, there are few good extras around,

try posting in the classifieds:

Thanks for the response. Bought at Mecum. It really is in nice shape - other than engine :-(. Probably paid too much but have a great starting point. No rust, bondo or dents. All fresh paint, new tires, recovered seats, etc. I will post in classifieds.

Welcome to Mud. Did you get any pictures of the restoration process? That's almost the only way to be sure of the work done.

Be aware, lots of OEM knowledge here that will be shared when you post pics, lol. As I recently learned, FJ40s were not imported to Venezuala. They were sent in parts to be assembled in country. This leads to a lot of mix n match.

@pjohnson Wasn’t a lot of mix and match ... they were still authorized and overseen by toyota... some parts were local country sourced like seat upholstery that type of thing... nthe only exception would possibly be SAfrica but that wasn’t till the end when they were in a mess political stuff

Ac would not have been on a 66

If the engine is shot.... most likely so is the tranny ... transfer... and axles

They can easily be cleaned up and sprayed without knowing the inside is ... shot :meh:

South America the cruiser is a work horse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom