Seat extensions for 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Safety wise, not having the seat far back enough is actually a dangerous situation. My (also very tall) brother was in a collision where his seat couldn't go comfortably far back enough: his knees were constrained and bumping the dash. The crash compressed the front end of the dash a bit, and kicked the brake pedal, shortening an already short throw. His foot, ankles and knees were what gave. After 2 years of PT, he still doesn't walk the same as before the crash. If he had his seat back an extra 3 or 4", he probably would have walked away from the accident with air bag bruises.

Just a thought for anyone on the fence.....

I bought seat extensions for my 80...changed my life. Would love the same for the 100!!

Anyone ask Joey aka WitsEnd about making seat extensions for 100-Series? Seems like it would be right in his wheelhouse.

Edit: I didn't initially see Jason has a CAD drawing for these...I assume they're in queue but I know he has a ton of projects he's dealing with.

Last edited:
Yeah, after Trail tailor posted I thought some discussion would continue. I got busy though and now I lost my test vehicle.

I’m not sure the design he posted would work as described though because the blower motor under the seat is all sorts of in the way. Maybe if I post my own redesign things will get going again.

I’ve found a local laser cutter that seems like they would be easy to work with as I’m designing something for my work to have them produce. I realize now there is no way I’d be able to produce these on my own efficiently. And bends look like the way to go For strength and simplicity.

if someone can produce a set they would sell like hotcakes. Heck ill go into sales for them. even shorter drivers on long trips just to be able to stretch the legs and keep on truckin

I'm 6'10" and love everything about my 99 except the seating position. How much money will it take to garner interest in producing a solution?

Been working on this as I can. Complete bolt in design, uses the factory mounting holes and is one solid rail front to rear. Using a solid rail that contours the floor pan and seat brackets is the only way I see for this to be strong enough to keep the integrity close to the original design and where I'd be comfortable offering it.

All bends, no welding and I'll use a HSLA material.

Still a bit to go, but close.

Jason

View attachment 2101932
In for a set when you’ve got them ready.

Same. How should we do the transaction? Do you need us to pre-pay? Is it helpful for us to start submitting orders so you know how many to make and what to charge? If so, what is your preferred method for this? Can I build you a website to help the process?

(Sorry if this comes across agro/pushy... My knees have taken over my consciousness and are making all the decisions until they get some breathing room :) )

I'm a 6' female and the drivers leg room on my new to me 2000 FJ100 Land Cruiser is terrible. I also have an FJ Cruiser, and have way more leg room. This morning I removed the drivers seat, and it looks like I will need to remove the "feet" that are attached to the seat rails, and fabricate a bracket to move the seat farther back. But the tolerances are very tight, and grinding the pin bolts out won't be any fun. Anyone have a good idea how to do this in an easy way?

Center punch the rivets and drill them out. Didn’t take long at all...easiest part of the job.

In for a set as well. 6’5” in an 04 LX470 and my brothers 200 series has me realizing how much my legroom stinks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom