Seat extensions for 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I took my first long drive in the LC this Weekend and while I could always use more leg room the real issue for me seemed to be the depth and angle of the seat bottom.

The thing does not seem deep enough to provide any real thigh support and the angle is so flat too that I find my left leg falling asleep pretty quickly.
Add to this that the go pedal makes me keep the knee bent so much that it is awkword to have my left leg flat and stretched out while the right is bent so much to be able to work the gas?

Not sure about the solution but it was not that comfy even compared to my Tundra which has much more depth and angle adjustment and room in the drivers position.

6'-5" and owned an 80 for 9 years. 100 has more room but would still like more. Interested.

^ @EZDog I had the same problem with the OEM seat. Toyota, IMO, has never had what I would call supportive & comfortable seats. Swapped in a Recaro 4+ years ago with zero regret. YMMV but that completely solved my leg pain issues and also provides no-slip grip when off pavement. But, know Recaro seats, like most of the aftermarket seats in their class, are not meant for larger/wider body...I'm 5'10" and ~180 and it fits perfectly.

I do not know if this will help for everyone's situation, but Planted is now building a bracket for the 100 series. I have one on order. I don't have issues with leg room, but on my high mileage 100 the seat is very unsupportive in the lower back area. It is one of the worst seats I have ever used. I thought about buying another 100 series seat, but any used seat will likely come out of another high mileage Cruiser. The other issue I find with the seat seems like it would be similar for people here that the lower part of the seat (that my legs sit on) is short and would be much more comfortable if it were adjustable to be longer on my legs. I haven't quite decided what seat I will go with. Ha ha I am thinking I might just bite the bullet and buy a Schell Mann. I have also looked at a Recaro like @spressomon uses.

^ same problem(s) here with the OEM LC/Toyota seats: Not enough length for good support for thighs. The Recaro (like BMW, etc.) has an adjustable thigh section for right to the knees support...great for longer stretches of highway.

^ @EZDog I had the same problem with the OEM seat. Toyota, IMO, has never had what I would call supportive & comfortable seats. Swapped in a Recaro 4+ years ago with zero regret. YMMV but that completely solved my leg pain issues and also provides no-slip grip when off pavement. But, know Recaro seats, like most of the aftermarket seats in their class, are not meant for larger/wider body...I'm 5'10" and ~180 and it fits perfectly.

Could you help with one item that I have not been able to find the answer to? Did you have to modify any sensors when you installed the aftermarket seat? Planted was unsure if this would be a requirement, but they thought that there might be a airbag sensor in the stock seat slider.

Mine's a '99 and hence no seat air bags. I didn't opt for the heated seat panel...I bought the rail adapter ($40) when I bought the seat from Griffin Motorwerkes in Berkeley...then added a 1"x1" square tube section to gain the height back and adapt to my floor mount brackets (front). Leaving town today but will get some pics posted early next week...

Mine's a '99 and hence no seat air bags. I didn't opt for the heated seat panel...I bought the rail adapter ($40) when I bought the seat from Griffin Motorwerkes in Berkeley...then added a 1"x1" square tube section to gain the height back and adapt to my floor mount brackets (front). Leaving town today but will get some pics posted early next week...
Any help when you could would be really appreciated. Thanks much. You vehicle was the one that got me thinking an aftermarket seat makes much more sense.

5’8” and have more than enough room... I-have a hacksaw that’ll solve that issue for y’all...! :)

I fabbed these seat extension brackets I originally used with the OEM seat then 4+ years ago moved them to the Recaro.

IMG_5090.JPG

Did anyone ever make a driver's seat extension? I'll pay big money for it. Or I will have sell my fully built 2007. It just too uncomfortable to drive.

I think the 100 market has matured since I made my seat extenders...little to no interest then. Suggest you contact Jason aka TrailTailor to see if he's interested in fabbing some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom