Seat extensions for 100 Series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In.

I am in

Please Benc has bigger fish to fry! He is a one stop shop for 200s now. ;)
If someone is serious, call Trail Tailor.

Last edited:
Getting the seat back a little more would sure be nice. If I had a clue what to do I would fab some extenders. Anybody got a picture or a drawing?

For you guys that have even a modicum of fab skills: Remove the seat from the truck. Drill out the rivets that hold the front mount brackets to the seat rails. Replicate using 10ga or so steel...only longer. Drill out the rear mount bracket rivets and relocate the mounts using bolts & nuts...after you fab the front brackets...

If you don't have access to a press brake then just take an angle grinder to cut the 10ga/steel 1/2 way through and bend it to the appropriate angle in a vise. Then weld the "seam"...or take it to a welder. Boom.

For those that can't fab...you're at the mercy of someone bringing these to market. Maybe coerce Junk? I think, like me, he offered them for the UZJ100 but after little to no interest quit.

Darn, wish we'd caught the window on Junk offering them. It seems like there'd probably be interest from almost anyone over 6' who doesn't have the skill/tools/inclination to fab. I know this is a pretty popular mod for the FJ40, though that's tighter.... maybe its just a matter of getting the word out that this is a thing you can do? I'll admit, I had no idea it was this straightforward when I started looking.

Being 6’4” I’m in for some extenders & willing to pay $$ if anyone wants to prepare an extender kit!

I believe I have a design for these that will work without having to drill the seat rails. It would be a bolt in solution out of 1/4 inch bent and drilled mild steel. The problem with the seat mounts is that they are angled, so it’s not as simple as just extending them backwards, we need to compensate for the bends. Plus I think this community errs on the side of mods that are reversible?

You would remove the seat and install my brackets, then bolt the seat to the new extensions. My current design would gain you 2 inches Of extra room, However, the seat will sit maybe 1/2 inch higher. Does the group wanting these feel like that is sufficient?

Im a very amateur fabricator, and would make these myself. I’m about to pull the trigger on a SWAG finger brake kit, so this would help me justify it.

I believe I have a design for these that will work without having to drill the seat rails. It would be a bolt in solution out of 1/4 inch bent and drilled mild steel. The problem with the seat mounts is that they are angled, so it’s not as simple as just extending them backwards, we need to compensate for the bends. Plus I think this community errs on the side of mods that are reversible?

You would remove the seat and install my brackets, then bolt the seat to the new extensions. My current design would gain you 2 inches Of extra room, However, the seat will sit maybe 1/2 inch higher. Does the group wanting these feel like that is sufficient?

Im a very amateur fabricator, and would make these myself. I’m about to pull the trigger on a SWAG finger brake kit, so this would help me justify it.

Sounds good to me but increasing the height would be a bummer because we are tall.

Sounds good to me but increasing the height would be a bummer because we are tall.

That’s my hang up. There is the heater blower underneath the seat to work around, and the angle of the seat bracket that all need to work together. I think a 1/4 rise at a minimum is unavoidable with my design since I’m trying to keep the seat stock and the mod bolt on.

That’s my hang up. There is the heater blower underneath the seat to work around, and the angle of the seat bracket that all need to work together. I think a 1/4 rise at a minimum is unavoidable with my design since I’m trying to keep the seat stock and the mod bolt on.
A 1/4" probably won't be much of a difference.

Is it possible to get 2.5-3" extra?

I’m going to make a prototype tomorrow. I’ll see how much I can get. When I had my interior taken apart and saw how everything looked underneath is when I started thinking I could do this. I would entertain two versions if people were split on the length.

A 1/4" probably won't be much of a difference.

Agreed that 1/4" in height is no problem, but 2-1/2" to 3" more legroom would be awesome!

I was able to make my prototype tonight out of 1/8 flat bar I had lying around. I had to weld the final bend due to the angle it required as it broke when I scored and bent it. I believe 1/4 inch will require scoring and bending, but would not break so I would be able to weld the scoring shut and have a clean look. I'm a little hesitant to post, but no one will buy them if I don't show a photo of them so hopefully no one swipes idea.

This design dodges the under seat accessories, and requires no modification to the seat. You will however, need to remove the far left plastic form underneath the carpet, and trim it, or at the very least remove the staples in the top so it can be pushed out of the way. In the pictures, I have only removed the staples and pushed it down. You will also need to take a razor blade and notch the carpet on the right side of the seat about 1 inch. My seat wiring is already unhooked from the body, so you may need to do the same as well. By this I mean pull some wire retainers out of their mounting holes.

I've always thought the cruisers seat didn't go quite far enough back, but with this, It goes too far back for me. I was able to get 4 inches of extra room with 0 additional height. The rear however, will have a 1/4 extra height. I can't avoid it unless you want to drill your floor. If you do, then you can bolt it through and not gain any height.

I would make these by hand, and they would ship unpainted with 4 new nuts and bolts, will be grade 10 from fastenal most likely. I will of course pay for a vendor membership, as I respect the rules of the forum. Feedback?

Keep in. mind in the photos, I have not secured the extension brackets to the seat itself, just the stock mounting point. But I sat in it, and it held, and felt solid, even at 1/8 steel.

IMG_6313.JPG
IMG_6314.JPG
IMG_6315.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom