ScrappyJackalope 2nd gen 4runner Dana 44 sas build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I replied on your FB post, but figured it's time I stop lurking here and post. Well built second gens are making me question my choice of sticking in the 1st gen world. But, I am already set on a path..

Love the stance of this thing. Can't stand seeing tall narrow toyotas.
Hey Richard, never second ge uess a 1st gen 4runner build!! That is the pinnacle

And thanks, love this thing for sure. Can't wait for the motor swap 😀

Are you planning to do the engine swap before or after Rubithon? Hell, rubithon might be a spring thaw run this year.
I won't have it all together for Rubithon. I work too slow now a days 😀 I still have to build my rear bumper, sliders, and build my 4.7 case before the run.

But I think I have decided on my motor swap and it is a unconventional one to say the least 🙃

And yea, I will be slightly surprised if we actually do the run at the end of June. I remember many times where caddilac was snowed in after 4th of July with years that have gotten less snow. Time will tell

Last edited:
Things are brewing 😀
honda-logo.jpg
93158959_333420400952243_4982235210948018176_n_1200x.jpg

Well this is interesting...

So after you cut up the front axle, did you just cut off a corresponding amount of the the axle shafts? I'm interested in doing this myself, I currently have a d44. I am saving up some money for a truss, coilovers, and a 4link. But I'm a little bit concerned about how much of the axle is going to be sticking out and how it'll look.

So after you cut up the front axle, did you just cut off a corresponding amount of the the axle shafts? I'm interested in doing this myself, I currently have a d44. I am saving up some money for a truss, coilovers, and a 4link. But I'm a little bit concerned about how much of the axle is going to be sticking out and how it'll look.

With some many manufacturers using the Dana 44 with different lengths I was able to cut my housing to match a 80's jeep wagoneer long side and a dodge truck short side. Makes it super slick and there are a lot of combos you can run the get the axle width you want while retaining a stock shaft length.
Then I ordered a yukon chromo shafts for each.

You can also cut down the stock shafts as well and have them resplined as long as you are going short enough to get past the necked down section in the stock shaft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom