Scored 2011 LC W/79K OMG CLEAN (2012 missing link) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Paul,

I Follow you on the 100s and thought I'd see what you're up to. Nice looking 200.

I have the leak on my o ring from the dip stick and was going to replace at next oil change, but is this something that can be done with oil in the case? I'm asking about the 4.7L engines as I have a 2006. Sorry to ask on the 200 forum guys.
Oil in or out of case makes no difference, as port for dip stick tube is well above oil level. Just make sure to really clean area (above and all around) spotless, so no dirt/sand falls in.

Here's one of the places I posted dipstick O-ring in the 100 section:
Just scored a 2007 LC
Page 4 post #64

Dude, unless you sound like woody Allen or Roseanne Barr you should have a YouTube channel. I've spent an hour just reading your how-tos even though I don't need to do them. You would definitely have a great impact and following in a video format. Well done sir, well done.

Thank you for saying that!

I'm hopeful the time I spend on mud is helpful. I'm just paying back all the help I've received over the years from the mud community. I've gained a great deal here and learning more daily.

I have made some short videos, most of which deal with the 100 series. Number one reason they're short videos, is because my camera stop recording at ~7 minutes....LOL I've posted on YouTube just so I can link them here in mud, so I guess that's a channel. But they take even more time than still pictures.

Last edited:
Continuing around exterior I found one piece of molding missing from rear rain gutter. It just drops in an ends fit snugly under caps of roof rack .Mr.T really made removal and install of molding easier than the 100 series (at least all of touched so far)
013.JPG

I didn't like the rear Land Cruiser name plate staining. I tried buffing out but no go, it also had a few nicks. So I just replaced it:

Using heat gun to soften backing tape, made easy work of this. I had some 12# fish line standing bye buy didn't need it.
014.JPG

By sliding my body tool under at each of four fasteners they pop right out.
015.JPG

Clean the area with HP air then lubricated cleaner wiping away dirt and grim, so not to damage paint. Then used body plastic tool to aid in removing tape stuff.
017.JPG

Then wiped down with a wax & de-greaser that works well on gummy tape backing glues.
025.JPG

Then I simple pull protective tape backing from new name plate and press on body while alignment took care of itself as I placed fasten in body holes. I used a micro fiber rag so I could easily glide around perimeter, press on name plate to press into backing tape. Wow that was easy.
027c.jpg

I did do a little paint correcting/cutting with my DA and micro fiber system before installing new name plate.
024.JPG

020.JPG
068.JPG

032.JPG
025 (2).JPG

Interior is up next. Wow about the cleanest I've even seen.

Using HP air to blow out tracks, between seat & console and underneath I got nothing, not even a leaf.
005.JPG
025.JPG
042.JPG
041.JPG
056.JPG

I did fine 3 area that need a little clean up.

Little around DS foot well.
038.JPG
Impressive rear PS door threshold is one piece with step, and so easy to remove. The change in design also eliminated a sand trap that would grind into body paint in the 100 series.
020.JPG
Rear threshold bridge no longer has any screws, a better fastening system. I usually find a lot of debris under here, not much on this beauty, SWEET!
013.JPG

029.JPG

Last edited:
Door panels & speaker covers look design to hold up better.
026.JPG

I love the tool compartment. You think MR T got that idea from the 100 section ?
024.JPG

So many nice touches.
045.JPG

Mirror was a little loose, 30 second fix.
014.JPG

I cleaned up the carpet, wiped down the rubber/plastic with Lexol cleaner & conditioner, vacuumed (including head liner).
Final cleaning 168.JPG

My clear Bra has a nasty little spot along leading edge that lifted at a chip. Interesting Bra is actually OEM Toyota. I decided to remove the hood protion of the bra, and repair chips in paint. I could have fixed in place cutting out torn part of bra, but would attracted the eye.
042.JPG
001.JPG
002.JPG

Some residue remained on paint.
004.JPG

To clean off residue, I started with my mildest chemical cleaner and worked my way up in strength to first that worked. It took Acetone to get the job done. Don't want this stuff puddling on paint, use and wipe fast.
006.JPG

Nice job. It took me three long days to get the film off my gx using a heat gun and plastic razor blades.

Thank you for saying SO!

My biggest concern was lifting paint, so I only pulled from back to front. After getting bra off and cleaned I then worked the chips. As always, I use my 30X micro scope to look for rust specs or rust going under paint, then grinding out any I find, then prime and top coat.
First coat of primer
048.JPG

Second coat helps level. I use Acetone on a micro fiber rag stretched over the edge of a credit card to level the epoxy primer.
051.JPG

With the top coat I use a fast Urethane reducer to wet my rag. I had mixed results with this color that I've not seen before. That is, as I scrape with my wet micro fiber rag over the touch-up paint it seem to take a black color off top leave the color a little lighter silver than I'd like. But number one reason for touch (as far as I'm concerned) is protecting body metal, so job done. I may need to work this one a little more to improve appears but it passes the 20 foot rule.
027.JPG

After working chips and giving some time for paint to cure, I deep cleaned the body paint. I then took "clean" to a painless dent repair (PDR) shop Auto Hail and Dent Center. It's important anytime going into any shop, paint be clean, too reduce scratching for one.

I use Paintless Dent Repair Denver | Auto Hail Damage Repair Will & Shenan are the owners and master techs. They came recommended to me by a body shop owner who said they do a great job, and let you know if faster were broken or and issues arise. Turns out Will is in the mud 80 section. I've used these guy several times now and I'm very happy with there work. They're fast, fair do a great job. I only saw ~4 dings, they found more and took care of all perfectly.;) Ding free!

Once back home from PDR, I cleaned again using a good lubricating soap with micro fiber mitt, I then clay bar to prepping surface for my DA buffer with micro fiber correcting compound. The condition of this body paint is the best I have ever seen, so I could have forgone cutting paint. I mean it didn't have the normal micro scratches we see from washing and drying with cotton towel. Records indicate body paint was sealed by Toyota as and extra when first purchased. PO also had said he used a touch-less car wash on his frequent trips up to Salt Lake. Seem between the sealing and washing it really did the job. Not only was it void of micro scratched it had near zero staining from organic matter left on paint. Which the few stain I found came out easy. I went ahead and cut with correcting compound to remove what sealer remained and a few mares/scratches which prepped for wax.

Tip: I use Lexol plastic & rubber cleaner conditioner before cutting & waxing paint. This way waxes will not interfere with absorption of conditioner.

It really came out nice.:)
024.JPG
028.JPG
039.JPG
036.JPG

029.JPG

Last edited:
Time to list for sale:cry:

It's really been a pleasure cutting my teeth on this 200 series. It's been my experience the further into a production run the better, minor issue are discovered and correct as time passes. This being one of the missing links (2012), the last of first line started in 2008, seems they had it perfected. So cutting my teeth was easy.

I found working on PM mechanical stuff like fluid flushes a bit more time consuming than they need be. IMHO Mr T's engineers would have certainly changed, had they turned a wrench on before final design was released. Minor design changes to simplify little things like access to transfer case drain plug, forward propeller shaft lubing, front differential drain plug (why they've not update the plug yet who knows), added a hatch to access oil filter just little stuff really that would simplify.

When it came to working on body and interior, I found they really did some sweet changes. Elegant designs changes that increased durability and functionality. Body is more area dynamic. I kind of missing the rear window opening, but not a big deal.

The creature comforts' are sweet and plentiful. Interior appears more durable and easier to keep clean.

The frame is a work of art.

I do feel the 100 series handling is a bit more nimble and gives more road feel. But the 200 caries the added weight very well while getting better MPG on the HWY is amazing.

All in all I love this 200 series.:)

Last edited:
Time to list for sale:cry:

It's really been a pleasure cutting my teeth on this 200 series. It's been my experience the further into a production run the better, minor issue are discovered and correct as time passes. This being one of the missing links (2012), the last of first line started in 2008, seems they had it perfected. So cutting my teeth was easy.

I found working on PM mechanical stuff like fluid flushes a bit more time consuming than they need be. IMHO Mr T's engineers would have certainly changed, had they turned a wrench on before final design was released. Minor design changes to simplify little things like access to transfer case drain plug, forward propeller shaft lubing, front differential drain plug (why they've not update the plug yet who knows), added a hatch to access oil filter just little stuff really that would simplify.

When it came to working on body and interior, I found they really did some sweet changes. Elegant designs changes that increased durability and functionality. Body is more area dynamic. I kind of missing the rear window opening, but not a big deal.

The creature comforts' are sweet and plentiful. Interior appears more durable and easier to keep clean.

The frame is a work of art.

I do feel the 100 series handling is a bit more nimble and gives more road feel. But the 200 caries the added weight very well while getting better MPG on the HWY is amazing.

All in all I love this 200 series.:)

Post it here! I'm local and have been looking for a 200! I have even happened by your house on accident back when I was searching for my 100, and you showed me your gray cruiser in the garage and were selling the white LX at the time.

Post it here! I'm local and have been looking for a 200! I have even happened by your house on accident back when I was searching for my 100, and you showed me your gray cruiser in the garage and were selling the white LX at the time.
Sorry I don't recall your name, but do remember you. I may list GaryBird (2011) in mud at some point and your welcome to come back by anytime.

That White LX470 was The Whitelady, which started me down this road of restoring Land Cruiser/LX's. It now has over 250k on the clock. It turns out a family of Toyota enthusiast purchased it for their daughter (family of 4 in need, as their 80 series blew at ~400K). They contacted me minutes after I listed it on Denver CL, we closed in ~90 minutes of me listing. The daughter and her husband bring The WhiteLady to me for service now and then, even though they can work on themselves. His dad came by to check me out, he's an ASE certified mechanic of 40 years with interesting stores. They's say I'm the only one they'll let touch their vehicles.:love:

The WhiteLady was the last one I listed anywhere. Whats has been happening over last few years, is buyers have been coming to me. The first to give me a signed LOA with deposit becomes the boss and we set a closing/delivery date. I do any extra work the Boss may like within reason in the time frame. That rig gets all my attention until delivery, so work on local mud members rigs is as is time allows, usually between restore projects.

The WhitLady
1 (2).JPG

They (the parents) actually came by about a week ago wanting to buy another 100 series from me. They really like my 2007 LC, w/63, no AHC, BGP w/tan. It's near as OMG clean as The BlackKnight. They made a very good offer, which I didn't accept. I said I consider, an weight with the fact they're a repeat customer. If I told how much they offered (which I wont) you think me nuts for not accepting.

I've been working cutting & waxing the body paint on the 07LC today (trying to beat the cold weather coming in). As my DA buffer with micro fiber system started bring out the color (really began to pop) I came up with a name "Merlot". Yeah I name them all. Merlot is my last project of the year and may run into next (will see). I'll be posting that one up soon in the 100 section.

Meet Merlot!
041.JPG

Graybird is in the driveway now cleaned and ready to go. I'm getting inquires now and tiring to decided on a price, so it may not get listed.
040.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry I don't recall your name, but do remember you. I may list GaryBird (2011) in mud at some point and your welcome to come back by anytime.

That White LX470 was The Whitelady, which started me down this road of restoring Land Cruiser/LX's. It now has over 250k on the clock. It turns out a family of Toyota enthusiast purchased it for their daughter (family of 4 in need, as their 80 series blew at ~400K). They contacted me minutes after I listed it on Denver CL, we closed in ~90 minutes of me listing. The daughter and her husband bring The WhiteLady to me for service now and then, even though they can work on themselves. His dad came by to check me out, he's an ASE certified mechanic of 40 years with interesting stores. They's say I'm the only one they'll let touch their vehicles.:love:

The WhiteLady was the last one I listed anywhere. Whats has been happening over last few years, is buyers have been coming to me. The first to give me a signed LOA with deposit becomes the boss and we set a closing/delivery date. I do any extra work the Boss may like within reason in the time frame. That rig gets all my attention until delivery, so work on local mud members rigs is as is time allows, usually between restore projects.

The WhitLady
View attachment 1820495

They (the parents) actually came by about a week ago wanting to buy another 100 series from me. They really like my 2007 LC, w/63, no AHC, BGP w/tan. It's near as OMG clean as The BlackKnight. They made a very good offer, which I didn't accept. I said I consider, an weight with the fact they're a repeat customer. If I told how much they offered (which I wont) you think me nuts for not accepting.

I've been working cutting & waxing the body paint on the 07LC today (trying to beat the cold weather coming in). As my DA buffer with micro fiber system started bring out the color (really began to pop) I came up with a name "Merlot". Yeah I name them all. Merlot is my last project of the year and may run into next (will see). I'll be posting that one up soon in the 100 section.

Meet Merlot!
View attachment 1820492

Graybird is in the driveway now cleaned and ready to go. I'm getting inquires now and tiring to decided on a price, so it may not get listed.
View attachment 1820500
Man, I wish you were in my neighborhood. I would love to find someone to work on my Cruiser that CARES as much as you do. Phenomenal work my friend, much respect!

Thank you for the kind words. It's hard for most mechanics in a commercial shop to take as much time as I do. They've service manager on their back saying stuff like "customer is waiting and I've got three more behind this one" day in a day out.

I recommend to everyone. Go into shop and meet your mechanic, it makes a difference. I don't even let my rigs be touched by tire shop techs or windshield installer unless I'm in the shop with them.

Sold on CL in about a week, as it turned out to a neighbor. I like that! I'll be able to see how it ages over the years and I'll likely be maintaining.. Very COOL!

Ahhhh that’s gotta be either really cool feeling or frightening! Hahah but if you’re taking care of it, it will be fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom